Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I don't really have the money for a real dreadnought, I decided to improvise. I saw an old gundam model of mine, so I decided to reglorify and redo it as a dreadnought. My friend was talking about something similar he had seen in a tournoment, so I made my own.

Here are some pictures of it. (I appologize for the bad pictures in advance. My hands are not to steady today.)

And for a size comparison...

It is not done yet. I'm still painting it, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
I truly love that! Cool idea and one that I'm very tempted to try out! 8Y
I especially like the chipping on the black armour, it looks right.
The only thing is, the head looks more like a Kasrkin helmet than an Astartes one, but I understand that it can't be helped :p Also, methinks a dreadnought that uber looking deserves a bigger power fist/close combat weapon. May I suggest a power claw such as Ghazghkull's?
All in all...I love it! *steals money from parents to buy one*

:happy:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I did originally want to make his close combat weapon bigger, but then I realized, I don't have to many big bits, let a lone one shaped like a fist or a weapon. Ghazghull's Claw sounds like a good Idea though.

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
Yeah, I can understand about lack of bitz. However, being in the hobby for most of my life does mean that I now have pretty much half of the 40K range in my spares box now:D

As for the power claw. It's now very difficult to just get that particular bit*grumbles 'soddin' online store' grumbles* However, if you feel possessed, how about buying the complete model? That way you can use the rest of him to make a nice scenic base for you next dreadnought!;)

:happy:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I might. I think I've seen a dreadnought conversion with huge claws. It was a pre heresy Iron hands dreadnought. I think they may have used ghazghull's claws, but I'm not sure. If they are however, the claw would fit perfectly.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I found it again. Are those Ghazghull's Claws?

Games Workshop Imagery

Anyways, I painted a bit more. I'll post some pictures later. Hopefully, they will be better than the last ones. This time I won't lift weights before I use the camera. My arms were shaky last time

·
loves purple tyranids
601 Posts
most definatly those are his claws. I really like your dread. It looks just like a big spacemarine. If you want to make the head more astartus use some sort of plasticard to shape it along withy greenstuff if you have any.

great work!;Y

·
loves purple tyranids
601 Posts
Oh and maybe you could add some amo clips running into his back to make it look cool. it might give the gun more of a heavy weapon feel. Do you know what I mean?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yea, that might work. Now that I look at it, I do want to make the weapon look a bit more like a heavy weapon. I would just have to figure out what to use for ammo clips. As for the head, although it dosn't look right, I can't tear myself away from it. I like it for some reason, I don't know why.

Anyways, here are some more pictures of it. I did a bit more painting, but I'm still not done. I have alot of work to do.

For another size comparison. (I used my brothers dreadnought.)

As for the background on this one, don't ask. My brother put one of my paintings behind it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Your conversion is certainly better than most other Dread/Titan from Gundam/Robotech models than I've seen in quite some time. Although you like the head, I would stongly suggest to modify it further and make it more like a Space Marine helmet. Plasticard and greenstuff would be invaluable here.

However, the size of the model would suggest a Knight 'Mini-Titan', instead of a Dreadnought. Originally released for Epic, there doesn't seem to be too much fluff on them anymore, but I think there might be a few fan-made Datasheets for them around. Check Bell of Lost Souls for its Apocylspe Data sheet downloads. It has rules for Knight Paladin and Knight Warden, one man Titan battle vehicles.

I would, once you get sufficent funds, try and get a GW dreadnaught, or maybe some Warmachine warjacks from Privateer Press would be comparable. (Though Im not sure if you'd save any money doing so, unless its a trade or ebay buy)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts