Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I am a relatively new Warahmmer40k player who is creating a personal SM Army called the Sons of Lew (A Celtic Mythology figure w/ a silver left hand). I already have a Decent Flesh Tearers army. As I am sure you all know the FT are pretty good at close combat and assault. Because of this I want my custom army to be pretty far to the other side. I want it to shoot like crazy. Here if a list I have been playing with, please give any imput you have even including entirely different lists. Again I want it to be able to blow people away from a distance.

Chaplain-Storm Bolter+Term Honors=90 Points
W/ Chaplain
8xTac Squad w/ 1xVet(CCW)-Flamer Rhino w/ Ex Armor+Smoke Launchers=214
8xTac Squad-Missile+Plasma Gun=138

8xTac Squad-Missile+Plasma Gun=138

8xScout Squad-6xSniper+Heavy Bolter=149

Dread-ML+TwinLC=140

Dread-CCW+TwinHeavyBolter=110

8xDev Squad-2xLC+2xPC=260

Pred Annihilator-TwinLC+2xSide LC=145

Whirlwind=175

Total 1455 so I have some room to play with stuff.

The Chaplain and his squad are the only Assault geared people I have in this army.
I have all of these models as well as a lot of Terms, Land Raider and an Assault Squad. I also have a 4 man bike squad w/one attack bike w/ a Multimelta. Please Comment. Say anything you care too. Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
well if they are your onyl assult squad then they are gonna get overwhelmed with no support in cc. it seems u like to shoot so i would find another role for yur hq, as in get another hq choice that compliments yur army more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it be better to go for making a more balanced SM force? Is it generally considdered a bad idea to try to make a near total shooty Sm force. As i said, I have only limited experience with 40k and that is with Flesh Tearers.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thor44,you have packed a lot of bang in this list,and I'm going to go out on a limb and say ditch the Chaplin's squad and stip him down to minimum warggear then spend the points on more guns. As an aside if you come up against a dedicated assault army then you are going to have to pick your targets VERY carefully.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.