Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day All, :)

Just finished this table top quality Cygnar warjack and thought I'd post him up. Took a night and half a day to paint, and I wasn't trying to go all out, just wanted him to look pretty good.

I'm pleased with the results! Sorry about the sort of darkish photos too...

Cheers! ;Y

·
Cthulhu's Lovechild
1,746 Posts
Nicely done if somewhat plain.

Who do you plan on using as you Warcaster?

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I've never actually played a game of WM yet, but I've got some models ready.
EStriker, ECaine, Stormblades with command, the Defender, Centurion, Charger and a Hunter.

I like the idea of using Caine so I might try him, but its probably easier to learn with Striker.

Thanks for the comments. He's a bit more interesting in real life, got bits of greeny/blue on the metal. I know what you mean though :)

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Inquisitor!

It took a while to do the brass/gold and it looks rather different and striking in real life. I started with Vallejo Hammered Copper, then painted on a thin coat of Vallejo polished gold.

Then a wash of scorched brown and flesh wash, very thin, and in select sections.

Then a few thin coata of mithril silver with a bit of boltgun and brown in it. Then a few washs of scaly green (thin again).

Then a bit of polished gold again, to finish off. Its hard to get a good photo of it, as its got a fair bit of depth to it, but I'll try and get a better one if I get a chance.

·
LO's Resident Time Lord
3,270 Posts
Solo, I'm curious as to your experiences with the Vallejo metallics. I've heard it said that they're not as good as the Citadel metallics. I find myself falling in love with Vallejo's dropper bottles, and if the metallics really do work just as well I may find myself replacing those too.

BTW, nice job on the 'jack. Nice to see Warmachine stuff. Like you, I have some new models, but have never played either.

Reactions: Solo

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Nicely done if somewhat plain.

Who do you plan on using as you Warcaster?
Please define clearly to me the plain part... as I see him he is not a Tabletop Quality. He can be put under the label Above Tabletop Quality, the least...

I like the paintjob... and no offense intended! 0:

Reactions: Solo

·
Fury of the Ages
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hoy everyone,

Thanks for the nice comments,

@ Canew, I have found some vallejo metallics to be a bit hit and miss. I have three Vallejo metallics, two I got recently, they are the miniature range (I think) and they are just fantastic, beautiful colours, good coverage and they thin down very well. The other one is a Vallejo Model colour one (gunmetal) and ever since I got it, its needed to be watered down massively. to the point where if you put it onto your pallet, it just stays in a big bubble, and doesn't settle, but I think its just a fluke this one. Overall though, they are great :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence Tsele! :)

oh and at xbanditsx - have a look at one of my posts above for details on how I got the metallics... :)

·
Drills baby.
6,481 Posts
I think that looks great. The "cartoony" blue really fits the Warmachine models, and it looks very good on your Defender.

Also great to see more PP models here. :)

So, while it does look great now, it can of course be improved. What I think would be pretty simple and would ad a lot to the overall look is a brighter highlight on the eyes. It would contrast very well with the blue and improve the look overall.

Keep 'em coming.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts