Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all. Just got off the phone with one of the mail order guys at GW head office. We were talking about Cypher. One of the things he said could happen in this campaign is that Cypher could get to the emporer and kill him!!! If this happens the imperium will be plunged into a civil war.

Please lets discuss

Also some other points to mull over. GW want a all out victory for one side or the other and not an inconclusive draw as we haev had in the last campaigns. If a total victory happens the 40k universe is gong to be re-written for the fourth edition rules and backgrounds will be changed where needed.

OH SHIT

What do you lot think of the merits of this or are Mail order just taking the p**s

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, personnally, I think that Cypher would get his ass handed to him. The Emperor is basically throne ridden so he cant leave the palace this means that Cypher would have to go to him. This would be very tedious because he wouldn't even make it towards the Gate. Even if he had a couple legions with him. There's just no way. But, "they" will probably give Cypher some teleportation device that can surpass the Gate. :angry: I would like to hear more about the Star Child and its role in hte EOT campaign. :)

·
1,019 Posts
Unlikely methinks.
Even if Cypher teleported there there is the supah hard, stonecold throne guards.
In any case, why would Cypher kill the Emperor, wasn't he trying to redeem his Fallen Brothers?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Originally posted by protocon@May 14 2003, 18:18
In any case, why would Cypher kill the Emperor, wasn't he trying to redeem his Fallen Brothers?
i agree, y would cypher kill the emperor? unless....
the ppl at games workshop have decided to go somewhere with the star child idea, and maybe cypher is helping the emperor become reborn?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, one of the big points is that if Cypher kills the emperor, this could mean his release in to the warp, and eventually his rebirth, and usher in a new golden age for all mankind. Heavy stuff :)

I don't think it will happen, I think it will still be an inconclusive draw, as a huge change like this would mean them having to completely remake 40k, it's probably just another rumor.

·
Registered
178 Posts
ya i think the titans that guard the throne room plus all the adeptus custodians would make shor work of cypher.. not to mention the imense pyker the emperor is..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Cypher isnt bad hes just missunder stood plus when inquisitor came out there was some fluff on a group trying to give the emporer a new life or body and that if they seccedded it would tear the imperiom in 2 the belivers and non-belivers.

·
1,019 Posts
The Astropathicus anyone?
If the Emperor dies, doesnt that mean that warp travel will be damn near impossible? The Emperor dies completely and there wont be a psychic beacon anymore.
Nah, if they do that then so many things change. Too much.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
THe guy I spoke to definetly said "If Cypher kills the emporer". I think they must have some sort of plan for that to happen.

The universe needs a shake up we need a crushing defeat of crushing victory. What better way to do this than to kill the emporer. It is in the deamon hunters codex that the empire would split in to two with belivers and none belivers if the emporer was re-born as mougie said. Why put this in the fluff if is was not a posibility. Also nobody but GW know cyphers real motivation. Is he a fallen dark angel, is he an agent of chaos, having spent too much time in the warp, is he Luther, Lion el'Jonson's second in command who brought around the fall of the Angels. Who knows. And thats the point, who does know Cypher could be trying to get to the emporer to give him a box of chocolates.

Also any one ever read a novel by Gav Thorpe called Angels of Darkness? Well rough premis of the novel is that Lion el'Jonson was the tratior and Luther was the loyalist, hence the reason the Dark Angels didn't take part in the main action of the Heresy and the real reason for there secret shame.The only ones that know the truth are the inner circle and the fallen, hence the hunting of the falen to silence them.
Now this is fluff as far as I am aware as it is a GW novel. If this is the case does this have something to do with Cypher trying to get to the emporer?

·
Registered
239 Posts
if its true maybe hes going to tell the emporor a good story :lol: .who knows well just have to wait to find out the trueth <_<

·
Registered
301 Posts
If the Emperor dies the Imperium will be in ruin. Cypher would be probably killed in the process. Who knows, if he does kill him the guards might be so shocked that Cypher could run off. And I hope that the Imperium won't be spilt in two. Actualy that would be pretty cool if that happened. A big event to lead into 4th edition. Will the Imperium be screwed? Only time will tell. :lol:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm totally for the imperium getting screwed. Damn control freak religious zelots...

Methinks that very little will happen, and the imperium will win purely because the major battle of the campaign will be rigged for the imps to wim (remember the siege of anitoch anyone? it wasn't rigged, but as soon as the lizards won, they said it counted for 50%. BTW, i'm a bitter chaos player.)

Naah, if they do make some major change, it'll happen gradually, eg if the emperor must die (again!) then it'll have him dying off slowly so that another major campaign can be played over christmas - hunt for the illumini?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Siege of Antioch? Link please?

I think the Imperium should be shattered. We can add some humanist movements (who DONT want to kill all the aliens and non-believers, but are classed as dangerous heretics by the Inquisitors of the 'loyalist' Imperium. My Sisters will probably join the humanist cause (if possible).

If Cypher is meant to kill the Emp, he will probably do so with the aid of the Necrons on Mars. (Or even better, as a result of his deed, the Necrons will awake and attack everything near Terra)
If he awakens the Emp, its conceivable the Emp was using his power to keep some kind of evil power at bay and will be very angry at Cypher when he awakes. Anyway, the results should be pretty cool (and best viewed from the next galaxy)...

·
Registered
4 Posts
i would love the imperium to split
like in the age of aposasy you would have little individual empires, the SM would retret to their homeworlds
and the inquisiton would be runing around trying to sort it out
the tau would be able to advance as would chaos and some new beasties

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
The idea of several smaller empires of mankind is of course exactly what I'm hoping for, then Chaos could destroy them piecemeal :p . Doubt it would happen though... I think it's very well possible that Cypher makes it to the emperor and kills him, then the emperor could be reborn and everything. you can read the rest somewhere in the 'eye of terror' thread (I think), I posted the Star Child fluff there on one of the first pages.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
I just thought of something in Deathwing 2Heads Talking kills the stealer patriarch by keeping a psychic link open so it experiences his psychic death agony and dies as well. And the Emperor is currently mind binded to thousands if not millions of psykers across the galaxy so if he dies the backlash will kill almost every human psyker in the galaxy. That will not be good after all it doesn't matter if the astronmician is down if all the astropaths and navigators are dead!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Warp travel without the Emperor is possible its just insanely dangerous for long jumps. The Imperium would probably split into four smaller Empires about the size of the Tau Empire and the rest would be conquered by Orks, Eldar, Tau etc.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Though those empires themselves would eventually be wiped out by chaos. Without the Emperor, you have no imperium, without the imperium, you don't have 40k... so the Emperor will *not* be killed in the Eye of Terror, unless he is reborn which is insanely unlikely, as that would beat down many of the other races of 40k.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.