Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started a Chaos army, right now I have a box set of 8 Marines and the codex. I was flipping through the codex and I noticed that it says nothing about Cypher and the Fallen. I really wanted to play them because my friend plays Dark Angels and it would be a slap in the face every time I would use them.
Anyway, I'm just wondering if you can use the Fallen and Cypher, where they are in the codex, and what advantages and disadvantages they have against Dark Angels.

·
Registered
815 Posts
You'll need to find yourself a 2nd edition Chaos Codex. And I don't think you can get those new.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
The rules for Cypher are in a UK WD 281. Without being specific....Cypher's rules are awesome - he has higher initiative than a SM HQ, a power-weapon and two master-crafted pistols... I highly recommend him.

If you wanted to play a "Fallen Army" I'd recommend you play a Chaos Undivided army (without the Mocu), and paint them up as fallen. I'd limit myself to fluffy choices only for the lost marines e.g.:

No Daemons/Daemonic Gifts
No Chaos-related Wargear
No Vehicles (think 13th Company)
No Daemon-Related units (e.g. Obliterators, Raptors)

I think it would be cool, your army would fight very like a marine army, except it would be very fluffy and unusual as a Fallen, and you could still have some cool stuff like Chosen, Chaos Bikers, Havocs etc. I'd also throw a Dark Blade on your HQ and claim it's a Sword of Secrets (the rules for the two things are basically identical). Of course you'd have to research your paint-job etc correctly to ensure accuracy (I'm sure myself and other DA historians would be willing to assist you).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.