Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can Cypher and a squad of Fallen be taken in an all marked army like Emperor's Children? Also, is he a permission only type of guy or can I just make an army list with him and go?

·
Registered
827 Posts
It says 'any chaos space marine army'. So I guess you can use it in any army. And like all special charaters, its nice to ask permisson first.:yes:

·
Registered
368 Posts
That's strange....I was literally thinking the same thing when I saw this thread.....anyway it does state any CSM army, which counts all armies.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Taking Cypher in an Emperor's Children army interesting. Read his fluff. Could work fluff wise also depending what perspective your army is taken from.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Aye, I stand corrected - it is Issue #281... looks to me as if Abaddon is on the cover and NOT the SLaan Priest/frog on a chair

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
You cannot use Cypher in an EC list army..

Reason: The EC list states you can only take units with the mark of slannesh. Regardless of what it says in his rules, cypher doesn't have the mark of slannesh, and therefore, can't be taken in the EC list.

A black legion list where all the models have the mark of slannesh, and are painted to look like EC.. Well then its fine. :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, no reason really. I was just going to get a second army, and was working out a story for it that would involve Cypher, since I think he and the fallen are super cool.

Now I woulnd't want to lose some 100 points worth of free AC's, but is that true? Since he is Allies, don't all the squads in your EC army still have the mark and he is allies so they use a separate army list?

·
269 Posts
northoceanbeach said:
Now I woulnd't want to lose some 100 points worth of free AC's, but is that true? Since he is Allies, don't all the squads in your EC army still have the mark and he is allies so they use a separate army list?
Per the WD article, Cypher is an Elites choice. Not an ally. Though to get around the EC intolerance in their list, a second org chart could be possible but it creates the additional problem that you need two troops and an HQ before you can have Cypher in the second Org Chart.

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
Grand Master Belial said:
Per the WD article, Cypher is an Elites choice. Not an ally. Though to get around the EC intolerance in their list, a second org chart could be possible but it creates the additional problem that you need two troops and an HQ before you can have Cypher in the second Org Chart.
Even that doesn't work as far as I'm aware..

It says all troops in your army must have the mark, it's nothing to do with the FOC.

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The_Giant_Mantis said:
Even that doesn't work as far as I'm aware..

It says all troops in your army must have the mark, it's nothing to do with the FOC.
But if you divide your points into 2 FOC's, one of which could be pure EC and the other undivided then you could have Cypher fighting alongside an EC army- albeit with a force of his own with HQ & 2 troops.

Another point- I have that WD somewhere, and I remember having read the article. Are you sure he's Elites? I thought he counted as your 0-1 Lord choice. I'm probably wrong as I can't remember what I did yesterday and I'll check tonight.

·
Librarian from Hell
4,133 Posts
In WD 281 he is said to be an Elite choice.
@shoottokill: we are reading different WD's, I'm reading the UK WD and I assume you are reading the US WD, hance the different covers.

On the FOC/Army-issue you might very well use two different armies, one in each chart. I use one Thousand Sons FOC and one FOC with the Lost and the Damned.
In the BBB it says on p78 "Each detatchment will be a separate army, using its own Force Organisation chart."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts