1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
88 Posts
You do realize that they had rules for Cypher in the old DA codex right?...

"-Master Gun Fighter: Over the millennia Cypher has mastered the art of gun fighting, he wields his pistols almost as an extension of his own body. As such Cypher may always choose to fire both of his pistols in every shooting phase and treats each pistol as an Assault 2 weapon."
So he makes a pistol fire fast cause he hits the trigger faster than? Cypher has 2 Plasma Pistols just to let you know.

-A Dark Purpose: There is likely not a being in the galaxy, aside from Cypher himself, that knows the reasoning behind his actions. Cypher has often been known to join a battle and help one force gain the upper hand only to then turn on that force at a crucial moment. To represent this during the movement phase roll a D6, if the result is a 1 Cypher will move towards, shoot and if possible assault the nearest unit (not including the fallen), friend or foe. If Cypher is with a unit of the fallen when this happens he will leave the unit to pursue his own ends but may rejoin them later.
He, from the produced fluff that I have read, will not do this for everything he does is with caution too it makes it sound for how you have it represented that he is just gonna **** up some conscripts which are never a vital thing, ever. Also for the first line The Emperor knows why he does what he does, or at least he thinks

Overall I would give this character a 6/10 he is way overly complicated, you're basically just throwing in too many special rules.

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You do realize that they had rules for Cypher in the old DA codex right?...
They also had rules for Cypher in the second edition Chaos codex...

So he makes a pistol fire fast cause he hits the trigger faster than?
Because of how good he is can hit more accurately while moving.

Cypher has 2 Plasma Pistols just to let you know.
Wrong, sorry... but that is just plain wrong, Cypher has and always has had a plasma pistol and a bolt pistol.

He, from the produced fluff that I have read, will not do this for everything he does is with caution too it makes it sound for how you have it represented that he is just gonna **** up some conscripts which are never a vital thing, ever.
Who knows what is vital to Cypher's plans? Maybe those conscripts you are talking about would have interefered somehow down the road...

Also for the first line The Emperor knows why he does what he does, or at least he thinks
Did the emporer tell you this? At this point who even knows how conscious the emporer is of the world around him so let's not go and make claims here.

Overall I would give this character a 6/10 he is way overly complicated, you're basically just throwing in too many special rules.
This is very close to how he was in second edition, I have basically just updated those rules to fit the new edition.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I think my only main objection would be the use of the sword as a personal icon.

I just never envsioned Cypher summoning up daemons. Maybe that's just me.

As well, while the 'Dark purpose' rule is interesting, I always thought that Cypher's presence sowed chaos and discord among his followers and his foes, so that while THEY might do something like this, but he himself wasn't likely to start gunning down his folks.

That seems a little too much like Kharn.

What's wrong with bringing back some old animosity style rules?

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think my only main objection would be the use of the sword as a personal icon.

I just never envsioned Cypher summoning up daemons. Maybe that's just me.
My thoughts were more or less that Cypher was not summoning the daemons, they just seem to show up wherever he goes.

As well, while the 'Dark purpose' rule is interesting, I always thought that Cypher's presence sowed chaos and discord among his followers and his foes, so that while THEY might do something like this, but he himself wasn't likely to start gunning down his folks.
Hhhhmmm.... maybe any unit aside from the fallen within say 12"-18" will need to take a morale test at the beginning of each turn or take 2D6 S4 hits from infighting.

·
LO Zealot
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
yeah 2d6 s4 hits from fighting... imagine him in a gaurd army. first turn half the army beats itselff to death...
read a little more closely please... I did say it would have a 12"-18" range and it will be S4 hits, not S4 wounds. This means that you will still need to first fail the LD test, then roll to wound and roll for armor saves.

Also the strength of the hits would be the strength of the unit, so S3 for guard, S4 for marines, etc...

Even rolling max for guard (12 hits) only gives you 6 wounds and 4 kills overrall.

EDIT: A rules update here!

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/rules-development/113244-cypher-fallen-3.html#post1096830

1 - 7 of 7 Posts