Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, who's side exactly is he on? I mean, the chaos treats him warily and acts like he is only with them because he must, yet he IS with chaos.

What up with 'dat?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
What side he is on is uncertain.
He can be used either by the Imperial Guard or by chaos.
Mostly I would say he is one the side of chaos.
Wether he has good or bad intentions when joining an IG army I'm can't say for sure.

·
Registered
237 Posts
well, cypher, the leader of the fallen angels didnt really succumd to chaos, they moved to chaos to betray the emperor for betraying them. So generally, he is a mystical figure draped in clothes, and to an imperial guardsmen wud look alot like a dark angel. the dark angel fluff is very complicated and books like unforgiven, deathwing and some other one wud be good, its called something angel? so, he is willingly aligned with chaos but not their powers, merely their seperetisation of the iomperium. so i hope that clears it up a bit

·
Registered
396 Posts
The idea that came to me was thast Cypher has not decided as to which side the Emperor really is.......Will he really be for mankind or is he another ravenous being.

Cypher could be played as a being in conflict with himself, but always doing his best to protect mankind.

This may include ending up worshipping the Chaos gods, although I think he's not that deluded.

Obi

·
Registered
857 Posts
Cypher is EXTREMELY important. He's destined to kill the Emperor; it was prophesized (sp?). However, the only person who wants this to happen is the Emperor Himself. (And maybe Cypher, though I'm not sure.) That is because when he dies, he will be reborn as the Star Child, a Warp entity. That would be from all the belief people have in him- the reason the Chaos gods exist as well. The Chaos gods REALLY don't want that, as the first thing he'd do is wipe them all off the face of the universe. The Imperium doesn't want that for obvious reasons. Poor Cypher...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Okay where the heck is that prophesied?

Never heard of it.....which codex/ fluff website?

Obi

·
Registered
857 Posts
I don't know. I only know that it was prophesized. I learned this when talking to a GW employee, as all of the guys at the store near my house are total fluffernutters, like me. We just sit and talk about fluff all day sometimes. I like that. But it also means I have no life.

·
Registered
396 Posts
So Cypher will be the reluctant Judas.....not bad.

I wonder how the Illuminati and the Sensei Knights feel about this?
Do they even know of the prophecy, I wonder.

Along with the Grey Sensei and the farseers of the Eldar.....lol.

Obi

·
Registered
141 Posts
of what I have heard. is that when the fallen angels came to pass. the sword of their Primarch(he fought against his second in command Lothar or Luthor I don't remember) was broken and the homeworld destroyed.
Cypher has gone far and wide only to mislead his loyallist breathren away form the Emperor. the swrod which he carries is the broken sword of Lion ( the sword on his back) :eek:
he never draws it but it is believed that If the sword is brought before the Emporer is will become whole again, and the fallen's sin will be forgiven.
I read it on some Dark Angel Fan page a while ago. :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
If you could find out from where that would be great.

Is that fluff actually from White Dwarf or was it written by a fan?

Also is Luther actually in stasis? If not how come he's still alive?

I thought that he rejected the Daemonic after stabbing El'Johnson. Does that mean that he is still as powerful as a Primarch?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow. Convoluted.

I heard that Cypher isn't evil, and that he's destined to do the opposite of kill the emperor. I heard that Cypher is supposed to be THEE Emperor's Champion. De' real one. And then kick up some Chaos butt.

That, and he's actually a good guy and slowly sabatoging Abaddon's plans from within. Wouldn't THAT p him off. And we don't know that the sword is actually the Lion sword. We're just speculating.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The prophesy is in some distant white dwarf i cannot remember. As for Cypher's allegience, he merely uses chaos to further his own ends, which is to follow a strange impulse that is slowly drawing him to earth. this is from a WD campaign i cannot remember what it was but its in a dialogue. Its one of thoses scenarios between chaos and dark angels and the couse changes depending on who wins. If and when he finally reaches the Golden Throne, the emperor will (telekinetic powers?) re- forge the Lion Blade and it will atone for the sins of the fallen angels. Whether or not Cypher is fully aware of what he is doing is unknown, only that the emperor's foresight in such matters equals that or is great than even the Changer of Ways.

·
Registered
33 Posts
For clarification.
Luther was the highest ranking dark angle that followed chaos in the rebellion. El Johnson (i think) was the dark angel priamarch. El is in stasis healing casue he was on the dark angel's home when it was destroyed in an orbital bombardment from the fleet. Luther is in the center of the asteroid that was left after the bombardment being tortured. I have never heard anything about cypher being destined to kill the emperor but that would be cool. The dark angels particurally the deathwing and ravenwing are after him simply because he is the head of the fallen and could lead to the entire fallen's fall. And yes he carries El Johnson's sword but doesnt use it. He used a C'tan phase knife instead. Like the assassian.

Also he is protected by chaos. In game terms this means he gets a 4+ invunrable on 3 dice. So he only dies if you role three ones. Otherwise he is teleported to safety. He'll never go down.

·
Registered
396 Posts
So Cypher unbeknownst to him is playing a very deep game.

He is using the Chaos gods to elude the Dark Angels. Chaos is using him to foment rebellion and as a sign of the Dark Angels failure.

The Emperor in the meantime has his own agenda, which we have no idea about. Will Cypher be used to kill his immortal husk in order to free his soul and become a god or will the Chaos gods idea of simply killing him with the sword work?

Even if the Emperor ascends as a god will the destruction of his husk work to the advantage of the Chaos gods. They end up with free reign among a humanity that cannot protect itself.

a few more pennies into the mix.....lol.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
actually i think cypher is trying to build a "pure" dark angels chapter which is why he is stealing geneseed and being hunted mercilessly

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Although i do not believe Cypher is intended to kill the Emperor when they finally meet (there is a VERY GOOD reason for this becausse the Emperor's body will die for a very specific reason) the Gods of Chaos would want to avoid this at all costs: Supposedly when the Emperor is finally released from his corpreal form and incorporates the Numen into his essense, he will finally bring together the massive psyche of all humans, thus causing a catastrophic event that will lead to the Chaos Gods also becoming one being. Because they are chaos incarnate, they wish to keep this from happening at all costs and remain disjointed and um well chaotic. This is when the true battle will begin. Everything else is just a prelude.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.