Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 434 Posts

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my Wood Elves WIP, somebody said something about 40k, so I figured I could at least start posting the minimal work I've done on my Dark Angels thus far.

There's a decent shot that this army will be for sale upon completion - the Dark Angels haven't been too exciting for me yet. I'll likely trade them in for Daemonhunters or Tau. Anyway, here goes.

Lone Tac Marine (My entry in the "Joe Nobody" contest)

Here's the first completed member of my Deathwing squad

My first Ravenwing Bike (I pretty much painted one of a lot of things just to get a feel for how long it would take).

And my Dreadnought, who just looked like a good way to spend a weekend

So there you have it. I'll try to finish more soon.

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
You know that there is not a single picture showing... at least on my screen :?

EDIT: Now I see them after my internet connection un-blocked... I can say they look fantastic Cyric... I just thing the Ravenwing biker needs a highlight or two...

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
*prods Cyric*

Hey! Who'd you kill to get these abilities? You have the umm.."paint" (painting equivalent to the "force") young elf.

I agree the biker requires more highlighting, but black can be hard to get right. The rest though, top stuff mate!

KU

·
Dear All Concerned...
393 Posts
Dear All Concerned,

Wow, Cyric, these look great!

I hope to see more and I cannot wait for more updates!

Hey! Who'd you kill to get these abilities?
He killed me, took my abilities, then resurrected me and replaced my old good ones with his old bad ones....

lol!

Keep It Up!

-ythc

·
Registered
179 Posts
WOW Cyris those look awesome, much better than those smelly elf things, you really need to tell me what painting service you use :)

They really do look great man nice to see you do 40K with the same degree of heart and talent as fnatasy :)

·
I'm Back!
2,351 Posts
Looks good. Uh, just as a quick question - Your plasma cannon looks a little skinny doesn't it? Or is just me?

-J
Its not the size that matters, its the motion of the ocean.*;Y

Nice job Cyric, your a better painter than i am... and I'm going to art school:D What a paradox.

* Although most people prefer to ride in a cruise ship than a row boat.;)

·
KITTENS GIVE MORBO GAS!
3,922 Posts
Is it th emotion of the ocean, how it floats your boat, or even rather how the pickle is tickled?

oohkay, forgive me for being utterly worthless in this post.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not so much a painting update, but a project update nonetheless.

The GW near me had a tank building contest on Sunday - we were allowed to bring in bits, but otherwise had to buy and build a tank in 3 hours. The coolest tank won a Baneblade, and the second coolest tank won a Vindicator.

I wanted to make an LRC of Assault Cannon Death for my Deathwing. Here is the result:

Note in the highlighted section that my dedication to this project included working with a punctured thumb. The Multi-Melta, being a pain as it is, had to be left out. I just ran out of time.

In the end, I won the contest and the Baneblade. So now I have a Baneblade that, if my ebay auction doesn't yield results (I set a pretty high reserve), will be converted into a rolling Dark Angels monastery!

The Denver GW is having a big tank battle at the end of the month, and the store manager said he'd let me run this land raider as is - 3 twin linked assault cannons, pintle-mounted assault cannon, and pintle-mounted whatever-I-decide-to-do-up-top. I'm going to try to have it painted up in time.

·
Firefly
4,209 Posts
You had 3hrs and its not painted?!?

Tsk, tsk!

:)

Seriously, great looking model, looks very nasty. I'm not a SM player, is that a legal configuration for the LRC or is it a "counts as"?

·
things will change
2,707 Posts
Tres awesome mate, very impressive.
Also, hugely brutal.

3 T/L Assault Cannons! Ouch.

Congrats on your (deserved) victory!

-t.

1 - 20 of 434 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.