Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Thread Killer!
2,642 Posts
These guys look good. I like the winter theme you have going. If anything I would add maybe another color/shade to break up the grey a bit more. Or maybe some type of pattern. Otherwise - painting is clean and you have a well organized theme going on here.

Cheers,

-Mike

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Hey there, nice Elfses you got there. I don't play WHFB, so I don't see a lot of painted models, but these are easily some of the better ones I've seen. Very nice painting, very clean. I like how you took a seasonal approach other then the usual (I assume) summer and spring greens with your Wood Elves. It'll really make them stand out. Good work.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yay for wood elves;) , anyways back on subject....i like the winter scheme alot. I also like the use of yellow as a accentuator on the Wardancer noble/Highborn. The only thing that i think doesnt fit is the blonde horse, it seems to yellow for my taste (the mane) Still great job, you do the Wood Elves proud. Also we aware of kuffy, he takes offense to elves being in his domain....:tongue:

·
Registered
182 Posts
i think those look incredibly impressive. my only suggestion would be like slorak and add another color. some of the minis, while very well done can be kind of skimmed over because of the single shade appearance.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Incredibly impressive is right. Those are fantastic. The winter colors are blended really well. I love the noble with great weapon, and the wardancer looks really sharp, too.

The Glade Riders look good, but the elves' skin could use some highlights, as could their steeds.

Do you have more pics? I bet your glade guard look awesome. Are you painting any forest spirits?

The snow bases are great, too. They really highlight the softer palette your using on the models.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got a finished unit of Glade Guard, but no photos of it yet. I'll get some pics this week. As for forest spirits, I've got about 16 dryads done, but they're not great. I might get some pics of them later this week as well.

I'm currently working on 8 wardancers and 14 EG. I'll post photos when they're done. Thanks for the advice so far, everyone.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Those models look outstanding!!!!!!!! How did you do the hair and what color(s) did you use on the Wardancer noble and Lord w/great weapon?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I Like Very Very Much!!!! Great Job Have Some Rep!!!

·
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. After looking through your army progress, David, I'm kinda thinking I need to slow down a bit on my troops - your stuff looks awesome.

Then again, since I'm already the world's slowest painter, that might not be the best idea. I've got half-finished EG and WD units that will (hopefully) be done and posted in the next couple of weeks... unless I just spend that time on Dark Angels instead.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Painting for me is a tedious, time-consuming process. I've delayed painting my own Eternal Guard--though I did just order two more in order to have a unit of 20--because they look like so much work.

Instead, I'm painting an eagle-borne noble/highborn. I like how it plays in the game: it's a solid replacement for an alter kindred.

But first I have to finish this damned Nightmare. It should be done tomorrow night with fingers crossed.

Your models look great--how do you get such good pics? What kind of lighting do you use? Mine always seem too shadowed and dim.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, photography was my field of study in college, so I picked up a trick or two. Plus, at my job we've got lighting and good enough equipment to photograph tiny circuits, so it is easy enough to use said equipment when all the annoying engineers are off doing engineer things. Typically I've got one light in front and to the left of the model, and another almost straight over it.

For these particular shots, however, one of the guys I work with brought in some of his equipment from home. So the EG shots (as well as the shot in my new avatar) are taken with a softbox coming straight from the right, with a golden reflector on the left. He and I got new shots of most of my stuff, so I'll be replacing the existing photos as soon as I get through editing the new shots.

Glad you like the EG - the final uint w/ noble is 21 strong, so I've still got some work to do.

·
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I finished my unit of treekin this weekend:

And I started painting my great stag riding noble to lead my unit of wild riders. I decided to go the albino route for the stag just to be a freak. I've got 8 wild riders horses prepped for my assembly line. I want to make all of the horses in the unit the same color, though I'm having a hard time deciding between black (for contrast) or white, which would, I think, give the unit as a whole a ghostly appearance. I'm leaning toward white. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well your stag looks great, but as for the other riders, I don't really know what I'd do with them. I think going with white horses would look pretty good, especially with the winter theme you got going, and black horses would make your noble really stand out in the crowd. So it's up to you man, make your leader stand out or keep up with your theme. I'd go with the white, cause I think the noble is gonna stand out as it is. Maybe paint a test rider with a black horse and one with white to see which one you like better. Good luck! (The rest of your army looks killer too)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Really sweet scheme you have there!

I usually don't like winter schemes that much but your army has a really strong theme and a very nice feel to it! The lord is looking mighty impressive, although I think that the stag might look better in black - but that's just my opinion, it still looks great. You Spellsinger, Treekin and Dryads are particularly effective, great work!

Hehe, I look forward to having my own to paint now!

Good work. :yes:

·
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I have 5 days off this weekend, so I'm going for the marathon to finish the wood elves. On the table are:

Units:
8 Wild Riders
5 Glade Riders
10 Wardancers (5 just need to be touched up)
13 Eternal Guard
10 Glade Guard
6 Scouts
5 Waywatchers
1 Treeman

Characters:
BSB
Waywatcher Noble
Branchwraith
And I still have to finish the great stag

Do I actually think I can do it? No... but it will be fun to give it a shot.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts