Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
As they are different they have different uses.
That said, you want an answer and it has to be the D-Cannon. It puts the fear of god into the enemy; it can fire indirectly without a LoS, it can rip apart any tank and instakill most characters & necrons, it causes pinning. It's also suprisingly accurate when u get used to guessing the range.
It's only downside is the range, so hide it in the middle of your deployment zone and let it dominate the center of the table.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I believe the guardian heavy weapons platforms can move and fire but the support weapons can't. I thought there was a distinction, but I'm not certain, check the codex & BBB. If so, it's just another reason the D-Cannon is the better weapon.

·
Registered
593 Posts
After a flick through the eldar codex, a anti-grav platform in a guardian squad can move and fire, but "the special nature of a support weapon means it must be absolutly still to fire", so a support weapon platfrom can not.

Summary:

Anti-Grav platform in guardian squad : CAN move and fire

Support Weapon Platform : CAN NOT move and fire.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
omg im never gonna trust gw again. lol i called me nd he said yea they can :eek:
freakin retards.

thx guys atleast the logic train hasnt de-railed with yu guys.

im still debating weather they are good enuf to take. i really reeally wanna try the 3war walkers wiht 6 star cannons guided trick :) i think it would be so twisted...or if i ight nids o0r orks...6 scatter laseres B)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Originally posted by GnomviD@Sep 15 2003, 12:38
D cannons, is the way to go.. is you can measure good with your eye, Str. 10, AP 2, and Ordonance is 'bout the sweetest thing a man can get :D
D-Cannons don't use an Ordanance blast do they? - only the regular blast template. I'll have to double check when I get home though.

Although they do fire 'like' an ordance weapon
Thrawn

- semper fi -

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no, they fire like an ordinance barrage weapon there is a difference.

don't use the six star cannon trick, I only posted it to show what could be done. people say they are your points to spend as you want ( hell I've even said that )
but 18 S6 AP3 shots per turn with rerolls for misses from one squad is nothing short of the cheesyest cheese to of ever cheesed a cheese. ie it's cheesy

and there is a difference betwen support platforms and anti grav ones ( as everyone said ) just look at the size difference

·
Registered
31 Posts
They fire like a Barrage weapon, guess range. The only time any Ordinance rules come in is when they hit vehicles. They use the small barrage template.
Also, the different models for support weapons are quite new and many people still have D-Canons mounted on the old anti-grav platforms, which can confuse opponents.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Originally posted by Moncs@Sep 19 2003, 01:05

don't use the six star cannon trick, I only posted it to show what could be done. people say they are your points to spend as you want ( hell I've even said that )
but 18 S6 AP3 shots per turn with rerolls for misses from one squad is nothing short of the cheesyest cheese to of ever cheesed a cheese. ie it's cheesy
not really since it cost 300 points. plus they will get shot up.

in my gaming group i play against a necron player who fields 1 lord, 20 warriors and 15 or so destryers

another who plays blood angles...enuf said(BA are way cheesier then eldar)

i dont think its chessy. i dont cheese out my army at all. i think im entitles to a little chedar...as evyerone else is ;)

·
Registered
41 Posts
:: laugh ::

I think its kind of funny/pathetic how everyone dumps on the Blood Angels and Necrons. They are incredibly strong lists - and I grant you that much however - they have there weakness's. The necrons - they NEED eachother - kill the lord and its all over. Plus the fact that there slow as turtle whos been stapled to a brick.

Blood Angels - red thirst - they can provide themselves little long range fire power, meaning you can shoot the hell out of em before they come close to your lines. Not to mention the trial vehicle rules cripple the army.

War Walkers are similar powerful - however, they are incredible weak. Even bolters can glance on a 6. So most units have a weakness - its your job as a commander to find them - or yes, you will be destroyed and start to whine and call them cheese.

Its that simply really.

Thrawn

- semper fi -

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here Here.

If you want something to be properly scared of I suggest you take on a decent Dark Eldar or Ork army.

Everything has its weakness. I find 3 war walkers a liability tbh, if an assault cannon hits the unit he has a good chance of a penetrating hit on all three. They are better individually, but then your wasting precious Reaper, Wraithlord & D-Cannon slots.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
not to mention that guide ownt have a good effect. yeah but if i play orks,...then 6 scatter lasers it will be :)

it kinda depends who i play but i like the 6 star cannons. i love war walker models tho...they are so intimidating..well at elast when i played agaisnt them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.