Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

It is not clearly stated in the O&G army book whether the hits caused by a doom diver cause d6 wounds as a stone thrower or not. It simply states that the unit takes d6 strength 5 hits and that it fires like a stone thrower. How have you guys been handling this? There is certainly no concensus at my local club.

Cheers

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
from this i would assume that it causes a single wound per hit. while it fires like a stone thrower it follows different damage rules.

generally speaking if it doesn't say those hits cause d6 wounds, they don't cause d6 wounds. 8Y

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
The rules indicate that it works like a stone thrower for firing, but it has it's own damage rules. It doesn't say it causes D6 wounds, so it doesn't - I can't see being hit by a flying goblin being as damaging as being hit by a flying rock!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, this is the side that I was leaning towards as well. I needed to check, however, as the d6 wounds would definitely benefit my O&G's. I would feel like I was cheating my opponent if I took it and it wasn't true, and feel cheated if I didn't and it was. Thank you for your opinion.

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
Oh if only... that would solve all my Ogre problems!

Doom Divers are still awesome for their ability to wipe out an entire unit of single-rank elite troops like knights where a regular war machine could only kill 1.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.