Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting a list. I've had some success with this list but it was against rookie players so I don't know if I can't even count that. Anyway here it is

HQ - 300pts
1 Brother-Captain
Nemesis Force Weapon
w/ Psycannon
4 Grey Knight Terminator Retinue
w/ Nemesis and Storm bolterx3; Psycannonx1

Elite - XX
Eversor Assassin

Troops - 200 Pts
1 Inquisitor
w/ Frag Grenades; Close combat weapon; Combi-Plasmagun
5 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
w/ Frag Grenades; Hellgunx3; Mount in Chimera; Plasmagunx2
1 Chimera
w/ Multilaser; Heavy Flamer; Extra Armor; Smoke Launchers

Troops - 200 Pts
1 Inquisitor
1 Chimera

Fast Attack - 210pts
4 Grey Knights
w/ Nemesis and Storm bolterx2; Psycannonx2
1 Grey Knight Justicar
Nemesis Force Weapon; Storm Bolter; Psycannon Bolts

Fast Attack - 210pts
4 Grey Knights
1 Grey Knight Justicar

Heavy Support - 140pts
1 Grey Knight Dreadnought
w/ Missile Launcher; Twin Linked Lascannon

Heavy Support - 140pts

Total Roster Cost: 1495

For the life of me I can't decide what to do with those last 5 points. Either way to the tactics. Depending on what I'm going up against I either drive the chimeras up 12 and pop smoke to get to my target with them as soon as possible or move 6 at a time to be able to screen or fire with the chimeras. The Dreads always stay in the back and shoot out any tanks or high toughness models. Depending on the situation I either hold my GK's in reserve or start them on the board. The 2 PAGK squads are always providing support for the termies with the psycannon's lobbing their shots into the fray. Thats basically the gist of it. I've tried a variety of DH lists ranging from Pure GK to mixed to allied IG and this list is the one I've had the most success with.

Any and all help is appreciated as well as any thoughts whatsoever. Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Overall it looks like a pretty solid list. The only thing I'd do personally is drop the psycannon bolts from the Justicars for two extra ISTs. The Combi-plasma guns always seemed like a lot of points for one round of shooting to me, but if you like them and they're working for you, by all means keep using them. The close combat weapons on the Inquisitors do literally nothing (doesn't change assault characteristics at all) so I'd say drop them and spend the points on an Auspex or two targeters somewhere. Also, I don't know how useful the frag grenades are on the Inquisitors, since you should really never be trying to assault things with a shooty squad like this, but it'll only save you a minor amount of points anyways. The hull weapon on the Chimeras -- heavy-bolters always seemed like a better choice to me than heavy-flamers, because you don't need to be that close to use the heavy-bolter, and the low-armor sides of the Chimera are going to be more exposed when you're close enough to use the flamers, but to each their own. As for the last few points, I'd stick some Extra Armor on one of your dreadnoughts.

Good hunting!

-H

·
Registered
470 Posts
I really like this list. I must be real fun to play with it. I would change only 2 things.
First like Hasten said, drop all those upgrades, like psycannon bolts and frag grenades, and of course change the hull weapon of the chimeras. Second, I would change the psycannons on your FAGK squads for more GK. Two setinngs come to mind : have two squads of six with psycannon (worked well for me), or leave on squad as is and the second change to 7 man squad without psycannons.

But overall it is a realy good list.

·
Part time Pirate
1,148 Posts
First time posting a list. I've had some success with this list but it was against rookie players so I don't know if I can't even count that. Anyway here it is

HQ - 300pts
1 Brother-Captain
Nemesis Force Weapon
w/ Psycannon
Nice Team, move and shoot. Hold objectives.

Elite - XX
Eversor Assassin
How will he work with your army? I personally think Callidus is a better choice.

Troops - 200 Pts
1 Inquisitor
1 Chimera

Troops - 200 Pts
1 Inquisitor
1 Chimera
Okay... the Inquisitors are doing nothing... lose them.. OR lose the combi-plasma and give them armour and a p/weapon.. this I find makes its points back when an assault unit takes you on.. he should be able to hold them up abit and help take them out a bit.

Fast Attack - 210pts
4 Grey Knights
1 Grey Knight Justicar

Fast Attack - 210pts
4 Grey Knights
1 Grey Knight Justicar
Small units... means that when you get shot you wont be a scoring unit sooner. I'm not a big fan on anything smaller than 6..
Lose the psycannon bolts.. waste of points.

Heavy Support - 140pts

Heavy Support - 140pts
Try to give them smoke &/or EA.

Total Roster Cost: 1495

For the life of me I can't decide what to do with those last 5 points. Either way to the tactics. Depending on what I'm going up against I either drive the chimeras up 12 and pop smoke to get to my target with them as soon as possible or move 6 at a time to be able to screen or fire with the chimeras. The Dreads always stay in the back and shoot out any tanks or high toughness models. Depending on the situation I either hold my GK's in reserve or start them on the board. The 2 PAGK squads are always providing support for the termies with the psycannon's lobbing their shots into the fray. Thats basically the gist of it. I've tried a variety of DH lists ranging from Pure GK to mixed to allied IG and this list is the one I've had the most success with.

Any and all help is appreciated as well as any thoughts whatsoever. Thanks in advance. :)
I find you don't have many numbers.. all units are only 5/6 man strong :/ This means they will drop quickly.
Play you GK on the table from the get go.. this is when they will be at their strongest (36"s away)

Personally I would lose the Chimeras for rhinos and psycannons for gk's and use the extra points for bolstering squad sizes. Unless you do something to the Inquisitors, lose them (or one and do something to the other, to keep the assassin)..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Updated list

I took all of your guys' advice into account and came up with this updated list. I took the combi-plasma off of my inquisitor in lieu of Psycannon's and took 1 Psycannon off each Grey knight squad to spread them around the table a little more in case any of these squads get wiped. I swapped the flamer on the chimera for the HB as the flamer really wasn't a good idea. I also managed to fit in 1 more PAGK per squad. I decided to leave the chimera's in, in my experience they have always been more reliable transports and having another Str 6 gun on the board is good for me. The Eversor is possibly one of my favorite units in 40k. At worst he is a sacrificial unit that keeps some of the opponents fire off my guys for a turn, and at best he's taken down 3 squads of marines before finally being taken down. Either way thanks for the advice and help guys, I feel a lot more confident with this new list. If you guys can think of anything else I'd be happy to hear it. Either way here is the updated list. ;Y

HQ - 300pts
1 Brother-Captain
Nemesis Force Weapon
w/ Psycannon

Elite - XX
Eversor Assassin

Troops - 210 Pts
1 Inquisitor
w/ Frag Grenades; Close combat weapon; Psycannon
1 Chimera
w/ Multilaser; Heavy Bolter; Extra Armor;

Troops - 210 Pts
1 Inquisitor
1 Chimera

Fast Attack - 200pts
4 Grey Knights
w/ Nemesis and Storm bolterx2; Psycannonx1
1 Grey Knight Justicar
Nemesis Force Weapon; Storm Bolter;

Fast Attack - 200pts
4 Grey Knights
1 Grey Knight Justicar

Heavy Support - 145pts
w/ Missile Launcher; Twin Linked Lascannon; Extra Armor

Heavy Support - 140pts

Total Roster Cost: 1500

·
Registered
62 Posts
All in all, I like your list. However I am concerned that your units are very small. This makes capturing objectives really hard.

Fast Attack - 200pts
5 Grey Knights
1 Grey Knight Justicar

Fast Attack - 200pts
5 Grey Knights
1 Grey Knight Justicar
Well these guys look fine to me... but I would substitute the psycannons for another marine. Its really a gut feeling call, but one more body that can move and fire at 24' range and that has true grit (2 A, 3 A on the charge) beats one less body, 36' stationary, 18' Assault fire, and 1 A (2 on charge) for me. However if you like the psycannons go for it.

Troops - 210 Pts
1 Inquisitor
1 Chimera

Troops - 210 Pts
1 Inquisitor
1 Chimera
The psycannons on those inquisitors beg to be PAGK. The inquisitors make the small 6 man squads expensive and do not aid in close combat very much due to the cannons... expect enemy assault troops to be on you faster than death on an old sick man. If you start off in the transports you will usually get 1-2 turns of firing before the small squads are killed. That said if the inquisitors don't stay in the squad long and become independent characters I could see it working out. I guess it depends on how you use them (like everything in this game).

Let us know how your tournament goes, and good luck in purging the unclean!!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
and that has true grit (X A, X+1 A on the charge)
Actually, you don't receive a charging bonus for true grit. Or, actually, you do get a charging bonus, but can't use True Grit when charging. Either way, you never get more than 1 bonus attack.

The psycannons on those inquisitors beg to be PAGK. The inquisitors make the small 6 man squads expensive and do not aid in close combat very much due to the cannons... expect enemy assault troops to be on you faster than death on an old sick man.
Personally, I disagree with these points. The Inquisitors don't lose anything by using psycannons, where PAGKs (as you pointed out above) lose their NFW and True Grit. Consequently, I think they go better on the Inquisitors. Also, it's a nice fluffy choice for the Inquisitors =). Regarding their assault capabilities, the ISTs are going to get pasted if they get hit with a close combat squad regardless. The thing to do is not to shore a shooty squad up for assaults, but rather to strive not to get assaulted in the first place. If you want a blend of assault and ranged prowess, then go with Grey Knights. If you want some potent high-str-low-ap shooting, then you go with ISTs.

One thought I had regarding the list is to drop one Inquisitor entirely. That's going to free up about 50 points, which you can use to beef up either your IST squads, or to get another two models in your FAGK squads. Also, you might consider making one of the IST squads into a double-meltagun squad, and trade that one Chimera for a Rhino (the Rhino being preferable for a rush attack). That would also free up some points for more bodies.

Anyways, there's my take on it. It's certainly not a bad list as-is, but a bit more meat will serve you well, methinks =).

-H

·
Registered
16 Posts
Would it not be best to have a unit supporting your Eversor Assassin, maybe some Death Cult Assassins or Seraphims.

·
Registered
62 Posts
and that has true grit (X A, X+1 A on the charge)
Dooh! Thats what I get for writing these things at midnight. I always played it the way you said... but my mind must have been fuzzy. I'll chastise myself with a penance litany before this is over :p.

As for the inquisitors; I wasn't saying that one should gear them with close combat gear, just that the entire unit is a prime target because of them, and is very small, which does not lend itself to capturing objectives. However since the =I= cost as much as veterans before gear up its not that bad of a choice.

All in all a nice list though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do you guys think it would be better to put the Inquisitors with the PAGK instead of with the IST in order to bolster the PAGK squad and make the IST cheaper? That would also add some firepower in the first few turns while the chimera's move up the field. I also kind of felt the Psycannons would be wasted at such close range.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Yeah, it's what I would do. Or actually, I'd put them behind the GK squad, but not joined. That way his IC status will protect him. Your GKs are static shooty squads anyways, so there's no reason the Inquisitor can't hang out a bit behind them.

-H

1 - 11 of 11 Posts