Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Defiler is ill

Hounds (I presume) are off the wall

Daemonettes are awesome

Khornate person on rhino-like mount is cool (although he should look more extravagant than what he does...)

Some pics are a bit dark to make out....

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
THe unbound defiler is quiet nice. I guess it will just be an upgrade spure or two for the normal defiler.

Im not a fan of the palanaquin models, the herald models look a bit silly really.

I like the plague bearer command.

The Khorne herald is nice except the horns on his head, they look a little odd.

The flesh hounds have stepped back in time to the previous models with the fins on there necks. Im not overly impressed.

Not sure whats happening with the mortal champion. The base of dead stuff is odd.

I like both the blood letters and the daemonettes, there both very nice sculpts.

The juggernaught is nice, its a little less techy compared to the current model.

All in all not too bad.

Im going to use the Khorne Daemons for a fantasy army one thinks.

Dan

·
Skeletor=Pimp.
996 Posts
Hmm I was looking forward to seeing the Tzeentch Herald and command squad, but didn't catch them lol.

I'm iffy on the entire range, discluding the Nurgle stuff, so far. I never liked the classic look for Slaanesh or Khorne and this is the direction the models are going in. The hounds especially really, fins and stuff are stupid, but if they are plastic more power to them.

But Nurgle's herald character and models look pretty good, as does the Khorne herald. I'm assuming the Chaos warrior dude with the corpses on the large base is the undivided deamon guy?

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
Wow, that's some seriously cool stuff. Not really liking the flesh hounds or the nurgle stuff, but the rest of it looks awesome. Particularly the Khornate dude on the Juggernaut, that Defiler, and oddly enough, the Daemonettes. It'll have to wait 'till I see them in person, but they look intruiging to me.

Hopefully this will mean that Daemons see the tabletop more than once in a blue moon, and therefore my Daemonhunters will actually have some opponents who their mountain of special rules are finally of some use against!

What I really want to know is what that giant greenstuff thing is lurking just out of focus behind the Juggernaut in pic #9 is! It looks positively massive!

·
Anemone's jelly jar
176 Posts
oh. my. god.

That defiler is just.......wow and the juggernaught is.......brrrrrrr shivers down my spine, so awesome. I dont care if I hate Khorne, that bloodletter riding the juggernaught is one of the coolest models I have EVER seen. I think the daemonettes are really good also, they really seem to capture that 'not earthly beauty' that they should have. Truly.........wow..........

·
I'm back >.>
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow, these are getting a much warmer reception here than they did at the Bolter and Chainsword. The Soulgrinder looks fantastic. The rest though...not impressive at all. The Daemonettes have a wider range of poses but none of them look as nice as they do currently IMO. The nurgle stuff looks like absolute trash and the Khorne stuff is rather meh, the hounds especially.

Those new pictures are...interesting. The Fiends are terrible in my opinion, but that could also be the poor paint job. I do however really like the Herald of Slannesh.

I'm really hoping it's just the pictures and paint schemes, but otherwise I'm going to be very sad for all those Codex Daemon players, and my own Grey Knights who'll be looking at those models.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not sure I like the Defiler, I really don't like the daemonettes (current ones look better), or the entire new slaanesh range for that matter. But a lot of the other ones are really good.

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
Love the pics pickle they are a good find. Not to fussed on the Fiend but I love the Skulltaker and the new daemonettes. The masque is pretty cool but the Soulgrinder is perhaps the best of all the models. Thanks for sharing those with us.

JvK :happy:

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
The new Daemonette sculpts seem much better-looking to me than the previously released pictures. I do think that they're more fluffy in that they don't fit our mortal concept of beauty but at the same time they work on some level. Well done, GW. Can't wait to see the Tzeentch models but it's possible my Daemon Prince will lead a legion of the Warp as well as his cohort of Thousand Sons.

Oh and, welcome to the dark side, Drakey. I knew you'd see things our way in the end. :D

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
Well, that's convinced me. When they come out, it's a pure Khorne 40k Daemon army for me.

Blood for the Blood God!
Don't forget the tomato sauce! ;)

In my opinion they all look awesome in their own special way and I will most certainly be buying the majority of the new stuff(although I've never liked nurgle that much anyway, can't paint it, lol)

The Soulgrinder will definitely be my first purchase without a doubt. That model looks AWESOOOOME!!

But yeah, don't dis da daemons!:p(don't mean it really;))

:happy:

·
Registered
121 Posts
What I really want to know is what that giant greenstuff thing is lurking just out of focus behind the Juggernaut in pic #9 is! It looks positively massive!
Looks like a spider IMO...I guess we'll never know T_T

edit: looks like it might be in the second shot of the defiler as well...looks like a giant blob from that view...

it says 10th of may on those posters, think it's true? I think it's possible. Anyway, like I said in the other thread, I don't really know what's going on, I just stumbled on these threads and like seeing the new models.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.