Librarium Online Forums banner

Would you let me use the Soul Grinder as a Daemon Prince in a friendly game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My new khorne army contains 2 defilers and to stay with the feel of the list I was wondering if you played me if you would object to me using a soul grinder as a Daemon prince, assuming it has the appropriate equipment. I have 2 rhinos of beserkers in the list along with a third group in a land raider with Kharn and I think the daemon prince soul grinder would fit leading the defilers much better than a traditional daemon prince. So what do you guys think? Just in friendly, not tournament play mind you.

·
Martial of the Riddermark
898 Posts
Sorry,I voted before reading your post, thought you meant more as a proxy minature, with a list themed like yours, I like the idea, I can't see people objecting, as the soul-grinder is bigger so doesn't put you in an advantageous position in anyway. I like the theme of the list and the ideas.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I use my Soul Grinder as a Defiler when playing the CSM and no one has had a problem with it. My son is just starting to collect Tyranids, so he proxys his Orks as Gaunts and that's fine too. I think being flexible in a friendly game makes the game friendly.

·
Anemone's jelly jar
176 Posts
If any opponent says no to that, then don't play them. A soulgrinder is much, much larger than a Daemon Prince, so it's easier to shoot at. Besides, it's an awesome model!

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
As Sajiisde said, using a larger model actually hurts you, not only in shooting, but with close combat as well. What's more, the Defiler chassis has an enormous footprint, which could possibly hinder ground movement between things. In other words, nobody should have an issue with what you're doing :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it hurts me by having a larger daemon prince so be it. I may be a rarity today with all the metagaming but as long as my army is good enough so that I don't lose every game I play I would rather have a cool looking themed army.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I wasn't trying to discourage you. In fact, it's a bit of fresh air when we see players who are actually more concerned with fluff or theme than with building the ultimate army. What I meant to say was how ridiculous it would be for an opponent to throw a fit about modeling a prince with the soul grinder chassis.

EDIT: Perhaps we could see some images of your army?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I see no reason wrong with it. I actually think it would look better than either daemon prince model, both new and old. But I had nothing of the sort so that's why I use the plastic prince.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.