Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, well as the title suggests i want to put wings on my DP. HOWEVER. I seem to have come across a snag, I can't seem to find anywhere that sells wings as a separate blister or, anywhere that i don't have to buy a model that isn't going to cost me over £40 just to get the wings. Any ideas/suggestions/links are much appreciated. Thank you all

-Danny-

·
Master of the Universe
251 Posts
Hey depending on which prince you have (Nurgle or standard, this works better with standard), you could always use the GW Dragon wings. They are in the wing bits section here: Games Workshop

Also I recommend (if you can find one) a McFarlane Dragon toy. I tore the wings off of one to make my winged tyrant.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
821 Posts
There's also a daemon with wings in the warhammer fantasy chaos warriors line.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much BIGphil22X i tried to find that page and couldn't. Also i looked at the chaos line Nhyx but couldn't find any that weren't amazingly overpriced Now the pain of deciding which would look best, and considering it doesn't have the dimensions its going to be tough to gauge which looks best *sigh*

-Danny-

·
Master of the Universe
251 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought Balrog wings from the games workshop bits pack, with a bit of green stuff and some trimming they look great on a demon prince.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the original daemon prince, but i need to find a small drill bit and pin him together grr *shakes fist at metal model* damn your poor rate of adhesion! The dragon wings do indeed look awesome i think i may have to go for that!

-Danny-

·
Master of the Universe
251 Posts
Hey Danny, just wanted to throw out some more suggestions your way. Instead of pinning your wings, you could always try an alternate method. Seeing as the dragon wings are plastic, they aren't heavy at all. Soo...

Cut the DP back pieces a little...
Toy Fictional character Carmine Action figure Metal

Sand them down a bit narrower...
Toy Fictional character Carmine Action figure Supernatural creature

Then on your wings, either drill/cut a hole through the middle to slide over your nubs, or just cut the bottom facing part of each wing arm into a semi-circle. After this, use some LIQUID EPOXY to connect the pieces, followed by some more Greenstuff/ liquid epoxy to solidify the joint.
Font Symmetry Monochrome photography Monochrome Illustration

I recommend liquid epoxy (15 minute cure) because after an hour or two, it dries much harder than greenstuff, and it gets in all the crevices. You could also use greystuff (procrete) or some hard miliput. Cheers!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats amazing! Thank you very much my good man! +rep for you! I will order my wings tomorrow i think and get started, thanks for the time and effort you put in to do that its much appreciated! I'll see if i can get a picture of the finished product upon completion Thanks again!

-Danny-

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats amazing! Thank you very much my good man! +rep for you! I will order my wings tomorrow i think and get started, thanks for the time and effort you put in to do that its much appreciated! I'll see if i can get a picture of the finished product upon completion Thanks again!

-Danny-

·
Master of the Universe
251 Posts
No problem bud, keep us up to date and please ask if you need anything or any more pointers.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will do worry not, and please don't hesitate to ask anything from me either! Its the least i can do

-Danny-

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow thats a good idea, i may just spend an extra bit of money and buy that model, i'll go to my local GW and see if they have it in stock thanks Nhyx!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts