Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible for a reasonable and inexperienced person to convert their daemonettes so that instead of those tlaon arms which I do not like, but to have other arms, including but not limited to the knife in hand arms?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the Daemonette's arms are separate... so you could probably just do some swapping... Maybe even using those Chainsaw preist arms to give them huge @$$ chainsaws lol.

However, I'm not exactly sure...

-Centum

·
Registered
3 Posts
*Looks at the box of unassembled daemonettes on his shelf.*

The daemonette figures all have one arm next to the body and an outstreached arm which is a separate piece. At least two of the poses have a knife wielding hand next to the body, one left arm and right. I dry fitted a knife arm onto a body with a knife and it seems they designed all the arms to be interchangable.

So, no converting necessary. Instead of buying a box of daemonettes just do a bits order and only order bodies with knife arms and spare arms with knives.

[Edited for spelling]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Imperial Fist Commander said:
Instead of buying a box of daemonettes just do a bits order and only order bodies with knife arms and spare arms with knives.

Ayep. Did this with my squad of Daemonettes so that they all have the knife arms. Be forewarned though, the arms are somewhat fragile on the mini, so store them safely.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thanks, I looked at the GW website daemonettes bits and it looks like there are 3 of the six bodies that can be had to only use the knife arms, however it will cost more so I'm not sure yet whether it would be worth it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
You could use the Dark Elf Witch Elf models, just don't get the command models and paint them in suitable colors. The models look seductive, I've even seen my friends staring at the ones I have, quite a profound effect really and they have the knives you're looking for. To keep from any confusion paint the skin a non-fleshy tone if you go with the idea. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Personally I'm pretty objected to the Daemonette models myself.
I use witch elves and they work fine. Just paint them up cool, and if the guys
behind the counter at your local GW store start harping on you about 'em, just spin
some story about being opposed to the sexism represented by Daemonettes.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Cypher said:
Personally I'm pretty objected to the Daemonette models myself.
I use witch elves and they work fine. Just paint them up cool, and if the guys
behind the counter at your local GW store start harping on you about 'em, just spin
some story about being opposed to the sexism represented by Daemonettes.
Doesn't Slaanesh (dear ol' dad to me) partially represent sexism, or rather the pleasure that women bring, the daemonettes cater to the lust of the fighting men they would encounter in battle, and its often been said that women are more sensual than men, who are more pure lust (lets face it, they're just better at most things than men) And the Witch Elves are semi-sexist too, so that arguement doesn't hold much water. Either way, I still like the proxy idea, no GW personel has ever given me trouble for it. Whatever route you take post pics!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.