Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been rolling an idea around in my head for a little while, and started poking through codexes, particularly Daemonhunters. I'm trying to go for a more traitor/rebel/chaos theme with my IG, and I thought it might be a cool idea to use the codex's rules for an Inquisitor lord and Daemonhosts to represent some sort of sorcerer, apostate priest, or some equally nasty person and his entourage of powerful minions to accompany my mere mortals.

Since this isn't a fluff or modelling forum, I will pose this question: Is it worth the minimum 300 points (45 for the "Inquisitor," plus 85 for each daemonhost) to put three daemonhosts on the table, mostly for the purposes of harassing units that try to get into close combat?

·
LO's Shadow Captain
12,783 Posts
Gameplay wise, not at all. They are too unpredictable and too pricey for what they can do. However, for adding theme and a little bit of random fun to your games, I'm all for it; including them will make your list less competitive, but will add an element of fun that is missing from far too many lists anymore. I'd say go for it and see what happens!

Librarium | Online | Forums

·
Registered
131 Posts
They are indeed pretty fun to use, if not at all competitive. There was a thing floating around for the Horus Heresy that had an updated version of the daemonhosts that were slightly more competitive. I believe GW put it together for some sort of tournament.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.