Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen that if you want to use Daemonhosts, the rest of the army will be very weak, overall, as you cannot field Grey Knights.

What would you field as Troops? And what about heavy support?

·
Registered
71 Posts
If i should field a demon host i dont think i should play DH as basic army I would play it with IG as base army and use the Inquisitor with Deamonhost as allies.

I like the demonhost and radical Inquisitors, it have a good feal to it. Fight fire with fire but try not to get burned =D

My Friend is planning a chaos infested IG army I hope he have the energy to take it on.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Except if you take daemonhosts, you aren't allowed to take any space marines in any shape or form.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The thing is, since the core of the Daemonhunters army is GK, only use daemonhosts if you are not making daemonhunters as your main army. IG is a great army to incorperate them in and they can go in a space marines army too.

·
Registered
424 Posts
*sigh* I must repeat for this guy's sake.

If you take daemonhosts, YOU CAN'T USE THE INDEX ASTARTES. Or space marines to those that aren't fanatics.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I e-mailed the roolzboyz after reading that, and they said that you can't use any puritan chapters.

Only damned legions, such as the relictors.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've forgotten the exact term, but it's like the forgotten chapters.

By example, the Relictors take chaos weaponry and use it for their own ends against Chaos.

Just the chapters that are more often than not called heretics.

Like, you couldn't use ultramarines, blood angels, salamanders, dark angels, imperial fists, space wolves, crimson fists, etc.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Uh, that doesn't exactly work you know, considering when you take SM into a DH army they aren't of any particular chapter, just normal space marines...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Then you're playing wrong. Every single SM has to belong to a chapter.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Oh jeezus.
Your wrong Long Shot, go to page 21, on the lower left hand side it says that only basic versions of these troops may be used, no variants of any kind may be incorperated into a DH army. :)
So you can use Space Marines, just not BA or BT or any imparticular chapter. or you can use just Guards but not Cadians or such. They don't get the special rules if put into a DH army as allies.

So, i'm afraid your the one who is playing the game wrong, I assume your just gonna say Nah to this like when I pointed you were wrong with the terminators huh :p

·
Registered
424 Posts
*sigh* I know that. And I also know that you apparently know nothing about Space Marines.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to play Space marines that aren't from a chapter. Daemonhunters just negate those rules, not the chapter itself.

·
Registered
425 Posts
So, you assume because I follow the rules that I know nothing? interesting logic there.

The fact is that there is nothing preventing someone using deamon hosts and SM in the same army, no rule (as far as I can find) and nothing that could stop someone from doing so, so don't tell people they can't use SM and Deamon hosts in the same army when they can and its perfectly fine according to the rules.

It might be unfluffy if you had BT SMs as allies to your DHs, but they aren't really BTs as they have none of the special rules that make them.. well BTs, they could be "Super Ultra Pinkoid ******" chapter, it doesn't matter if they are DH allies!
A chapter is just a title without the special rules, its just a name for the allies.

·
Registered
424 Posts
*sigh* The only rules it negates are stuff like, "Hunt the fallen" or something like that. The rules that control where they shoot, or where they move.

You are following the rules for the DHs, but not for the SMs. There are chapter restrictions, so you can only take chapters like the flame falcons, relictors, etc.

Now, have I cleared up your point of "You can use SMs" or are you going to continue?

·
Registered
425 Posts
No, you haven't cleared up anything, i'd like proof rather then your word, its a simple request.

the SM allies rule negates all special rules when SM become DH allies, I don't know if thats what you mean, but they default to normal SMs, nothin special about them, no matter the chapter (They all become UMs rulewise anyways ) .

Where are these chapter restrictions you speak of? Page of the SM Codex or some other reference? I believe you are correct, fluff wise it makes alot of sense but i'm interested if there is a rule against the use of SM with DH/Deamonhosts.

:)

EDIT: I'm not trying to be offencive or anything btw, I just like knowing for sure rules so I can help others with them/know them myself for sure :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
It's the return of the classical rules or options conflict basically.

Salamanders can take two flamers. That's an option.

Dark angels always go for fallen angels. That's a rule.

And my best friend (he's been playing SMs for 3 years now or something, and even I have a small unit of white consuls) says that the chapter restriction isn't technically a rule, but in just reality it is because of the narrative.

The gene-seed's gotta' come from somewhere.

So, basically not having your SMs belong to a chapter IS allowed, but it makes absolutely no frellin' sense, and gets even more messed up when you consider they're in the prescence of an inquisitor.

When you use daemonhosts, you can't use the chapters that are considered to be pious. Because, roolzboys forgot to write in "Grey knights or puritan chapters." Like, three words. That's it.

So, Ultramarines, Dark Angels, Blood angels etc. Aren't allowed.

The more shadowy chapters that ARE on the imperiums side but are under constant scrutiny and not trusted kind of thing are the ones you have to use.

So, like relictors, or Legions of the Damned.

This could very well make it even more confusing, so it comes down to your jurisdiction.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ah, ok, fluff vrs the hard rules, makes sense, thank you :)

I knew it was something like that, I know fluff wise it makes no sense to put any 'pure' chapters with deamonhosts, but people always ask for the rule if I bring up that its not right. Lol :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.