Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked over the codex and found out that daemonhosts are sooooooooo nasty...

can I use them with Grey Knights?

·
Registered
396 Posts
According to the rules...no you cannot.

You can only have Grey Knights or Daemonhosts, not both.
I actually wanted to include Daemonhosts into my planned Daemonhunter Army, but after further research....nyahhh

The rules for the Daemonhosts don't represent a good investment, give me a couple more Terminators instead...lol.

·
Registered
372 Posts
They may not be very reliable, but deamonhosts are the most fun you can have with DH. I dont use my Radical force much, but when i do.......oh ho.

I played tyranids and used the deamonhosts to individualy pin down three full squads of gaunts................muuuuha ha ha............

·
Registered
396 Posts
In the rules you can't have Grey Knights if you use Daemonhosts.

So what did you guys use to replace them?

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers
Space Marines (which Chapter?)
Imperial Guard?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Well i only ever use a base deamonhunter army so i would replace my Gk with marines............or possible loads of guard...........muu ha ha har

·
Registered
424 Posts
According to rulez-boyz, you can't take dark angels. They made a mistake and it was SUPPOSED to read "Grey knights or puritan chapters."

Dark Angels are a puritan chapter, unfortunately. You can only use either vanilla marine chapters you make up, or any of the forgotten legions.

And before you ask why, it's not about fluff. You always have to give SM a chapter. It's part of the same rules that you acknowledge like you don't use weighted dice, or cheat. Why? The rules never actually say you can't use weighted dice, but you just don't do it.

Hope that clears it up, a bit. At least a bit. And happy daemon hunting you heretic.

·
Registered
396 Posts
There are a few Chapters you can use apart from the Puritan Dark Angels.

Exorcists - which I am planning on using myself, although I'll have to change the colour scheme. They might as well call themselves Blood Angels II..lol

Relictors - a Chapter that became associated with some Radical Inquisitors

Black Dragons - A Chapter that ended up with mutated forearms and foreheads. THey're more than likely amenable to work with the radicals.

I think the Blood Angels would work with radicals as well...Haven't come across any rules that says otherwise..:)

·
Registered
131 Posts
:blink: Master-Jimmy i have seen you just posting random posts saying the word hi what are you trying to prove? are you trying to get your post rating up or something to make you 'look' good because its not working with me. Any ways

I am aiming on starting a daemon hunters army with some grey knights and then LOADS and LOADS of cadians. The problem with cadians ( i think ) is they don't have amazingly good leaders ( which i understandable as they are plain humans ) Well this is all about to change :w I hope this is legal ;) I can't check as I havn't got the codex yet :angry: But I should be getting it soon. What do you think???
DI

·
Registered
121 Posts
Bah, heretics and blasphemers all of you! The only way to play a Daemonhunter Army is with GKs and inquisitors, no stormtroopers, no allies... Just very good tactics and some very expensive models (Inquisitorial Thunderhawk, Landraider Prometheus, GK Dreadnaughts).

With Faith in the Emperor you shall prevail, and if all else fails... Lots of Teleport Squads! Homers and prometheus are key.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by InquisitorBinky@Dec 9 2003, 12:03
Bah, heretics and blasphemers all of you! The only way to play a Daemonhunter Army is with GKs and inquisitors, no stormtroopers, no allies... Just very good tactics and some very expensive models (Inquisitorial Thunderhawk, Landraider Prometheus, GK Dreadnaughts).

With Faith in the Emperor you shall prevail, and if all else fails... Lots of Teleport Squads! Homers and prometheus are key.
wow...did u get the thunderhawk from forgeworld?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bah petty minded fools the power and downright fun of the Daemonhost is waiting for you to embrace it! fight fire with fire!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.