Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i like the witch hunter list alot but the =][= have always bugged me cus daemonhunters can have better cc stuff but the wh are supposed to be the better equipped ones, my question is would it be alright in your oppinions to include a dh =][= in my witchhunter force i mean fluff and rule wise would it be fair?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what i meant was a heroine and the a dh lord

·
Registered
35 Posts
Plague_00 said:
i like the witch hunter list alot but the =][= have always bugged me cus daemonhunters can have better cc stuff but the wh are supposed to be the better equipped ones, my question is would it be alright in your oppinions to include a dh =][= in my witchhunter force i mean fluff and rule wise would it be fair?
It's legal. Fair is subjective, but I wouldn't have a problem with it.

While it is true that you can have some nice gear on a DH Inquisitor, a WH Inquisitor is superior to a DH one in just about every way. Don't get fooled by the Psycannon.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the only real advantage a wh =][= has over a dh =][= is it can take the "crusader" pattern warrior but as dh =][= have acsses to the cc servitor it could still get as many power weapon attacks as a wh =][= (albeit slower ones) but will have a higher str and lightning claws (just the look of a model with lightning claws properly done is reason enough to take them)

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
...WH can also get CC Servitors, but Crusaders have a 4+ Inv save, much better than a 6+ save, no? Plus we also have acess to cheaper Power Weapons too.]

Besides, even with power fists they'd only be Str 6, not much use versus TMCs and such IMO.

I think it'd be better to charge 'normal' troops and let all hell break loose.

Mike

·
Registered
962 Posts
MiketehFox said:
Just check where you go to tourneys if they allow Allies.
True, but it is an offense to the game.
If I have to live with the pain of the (totally broken) Monolith, and the (ridiculasly cheap) Assault Cannon, and Tyrnaid Creatures with Toughness values that go off the charts, then they will dam well have to live with MY ENTIRE CODEX TOO. I think it's totaly BullCrap to single out one page of a codex and negate it. OK fine-- negate the allies page. Now I get to rip one page from YOUR codex. 1 for 1 sounds fair to me.
Sorry. No offensie intended to you, Mike. Rant off.

Plague_00 said:
would it be alright in your oppinions to include a dh =][= in my witchhunter force i mean fluff and rule wise would it be fair?
TAKE the Friggin DH Inquisitor, and stop waffling about this fluff garbage, General!
THe Imperium has NOT put these EXCELLENT resources at your disposal for you to wallow in silly guilt. Get off your tuckass, and work that codex to glorify the Imperium to its fullest extent, or hand in your Stars, General! THe book says you can do it, so do it. Fluff Shmuff.

Give him a Psycannon and have yourself a good time.
It's a good weapon. It's expensive, too, so don't feel bad, sonny. ANd don't let me catch you with a PHOTOCOPY of the DH codex or an UNPAINTED INquisitor with a horrible Psycanon conversion. Pay your dues and buy the codex (if not already) and model him properly and decorate him with the respect that he deserves.

Lastly, you will have a hard time finding a Psycannon. Just mold one over his gun. I used the Elvis (sideburns) Inquisitor to do that, and it looks great. He does quite a lot of successfull shooting in my games.

·
LO Oldie
1,248 Posts
dont forget the mighty mancatcher

the best anti-TMC retinue is a =][= lord w/ power stake + 3 alcolytes w/ mancatchers, familiar, 2 chirgueon, and some cc servitors

what, that hive tyrant only gets 1 attack! too bad

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm not a big fan of anti-psycher weapons cus with a few exceptions they do squat against opponents that don't feild em, and really there are very few psychers in the game mostly eldar and then the odd marine librarian (which hardly anybody takes) and of course =][= themselves

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you know i've never had anybody use the adversaries rules, i don't think anybody does cus they spend a long time making their list and they don't want to chane it so i can use my wep sp rules, same with the dh daemon thing

·
Registered
35 Posts
Plague_00 said:
the only real advantage a wh =][= has over a dh =][= is it can take the "crusader" pattern warrior but as dh =][= have acsses to the cc servitor it could still get as many power weapon attacks as a wh =][= (albeit slower ones) but will have a higher str and lightning claws (just the look of a model with lightning claws properly done is reason enough to take them)
WH retinues are far superior to DH retinues. For example: Acolytes in carapace armor, IL in carapace armor (to bring them into majority armor), and chirurgeons.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
with the exceptions of the churgeons the retinues are pretty much identical except a dh's are bettter going against high str and t opponents like dp and wh are better going against humans or generally t3 guys

1 - 14 of 14 Posts