Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, the 500pts Army (for use vs all armies)

HQ:

- Grey Knight Brother Captain 61 pts

ELITES:

- Ordo Malleus Inquisitor 20 pts

- Callidus Assassin 120 pts

TROOPS:

- 8 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers with 2 Plasma guns in Rhino 150 pts

- 5 Grey Knights (incl. a Justicar) 150 pts

TOTAL: 501 pts

The Callidus may be exchanged for a Vindicare and the Inquisitor may have a Stormbolter for the same total pts cost.

Now the 1000 pts list, which is supposed to be used vs Tau and IG (separately) .

HQ:

Grey Knight Grandmaster
- with Bionics, Psycannon Bolts, and 5 Grey Knight Terminators as Retinue 400 pts

TROOPS:

7 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
- 2 Plasmaguns
- 1 Veteran with Teleport Homer 110 pts

10 Inquisitorial Stomtroopers in a Rhino
- 1 Veteran with Teleport Homer

FAST ATTACK:

5 Grey Knights (incl. Justicar) 150 pts

5 Grey Knights (incl. Justicar) 1 Incinerator 160 pts

TOTAL: 1000 pts

There they are, ladies and gentlemen =) .

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well in the 500 point list, the inquisitor is pretty weak. He has NO weapons. I guess he can make unarmed attacks in close combat... And I wouldn't take a calidus in a game that size. I would drop the Calidus and give the Inquisitor at least a power weapon and bolt pistol.

In the 1000 point list I would suggest dropping bionics, as they never help.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The point of having the inq in the first place is to include an assassin. I thought the assassin might be helpful in making my troops and such advance without getting shot down. The callidus can appear, fire nerual shredder (which can pin, I think?), then engage some shooters in CC.

But I dont know, perhaps I should go with some more stormies or some fast attack GKs?

Or even an Orbital Strike?

I was thinking of using Barrage Blast in my 1000pts list vs Tau/IG, since it is merely AP4, and thus wont kill my GKs right off if I would be unlucky enough to get struck. And about the Bionics: i just had 5 pts left, so I thought I might just use them there.

If you have mroe suggestions to spesific changes in the lists, Id really really love to hear them.

Thanks for the comment, lepermessiah =)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well if the Calidus works, go ahead and keep it. I would try to free up enough points to give the inquisitor a power weapon. Even though he won't be anything special, he'll be a decent model with two wounds and a power weapon. For bionics, you'd have to have 10 points left over, as that's how much they cost for Daemonhunters. I would also add two more plasma guns to the second Stormtrooper squad, even if it means decreasing the squad's size. Fire wariors have a 4+ save, right? If that's right then the plasma guns would be helpful. However they'd really shine if you went up against marines or chaos. If you dropped the calidus, you could replace the Brother-Captain with a Grand Master, which as you probably know, is one bad mother...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the Bionics are 10pts =) . Sorry. I just took the remainder of the pts i had and put something ok on the model =) . Thats why Bionics are even there.

If I dont use Callidus, I might as well get rid of the Inq all together since his only purpose was to get the assassins, and use the pts for Stormtroopers og more GKs.

I think I'll give the Callidus a few tries, just to play around, and perhaps exchange it for a Vindicare and thus giving the Inq some weapon. But I'll most likely find the Callidus/Vindicare to be worthless in such a small battle.

I really appreaciate the comments and suggestions =) . Really helpful for one who is just getting into this =) .

I also wanted to make a 40k in 40mins list. Anyone have any thoughts about something like that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.