Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
loves purple tyranids
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure how to get an inquisitor so I decided to convert one. The only model I had at the time was the space marine captain from macrage. Right now I have changed the chainsword into a force weapon. I have also started on a base for him and I am working on the armour. I can get pics up tomorrow if I have school. Does anyone know how to make greenstuff robes? That could help out a lot.

·
A bit of alright.
675 Posts
I'ld say to copy an existing robed marine and not to expect miracles if it is your first GSing, I'm still bad at cloth and I've been at it for a while.
why couldn't you have just brought an inquisitor, GW make half a dozen or so.

·
Chilli Fueled Heretic
5,839 Posts
I wasn't sure how to get an inquisitor so I decided to convert one. The only model I had at the time was the space marine captain from macrage. Right now I have changed the chainsword into a force weapon. I have also started on a base for him and I am working on the armour. I can get pics up tomorrow if I have school. Does anyone know how to make greenstuff robes? That could help out a lot.
I real good sneaky move i use is, when making cloaks use a paper guide. What i do is cut this paper cloak to be the right size for the model, dry fitting it to the model with blu tack or some other non permanat adhesive. Once your satisfied with the paper one crack out the green! What i did last time was fill a shallow plate with water and roll out the green stuff over this area so its nice and smooth and even. It will peel easily from the plate as the under side is 'lubricated' by the water. I then apply the cloak to the model and let it dry off a bit before going to work on the waves and curves.

You can see an example of what i did below
ulthizar12.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.