Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that the eldar are very reliant on invulerable saves, but one question still reamains for me. How am i to deal with an eldar army such as the biel tan, or the Alatoc craftword army? I have considered deepstriking but i want to confer with other DH players before doing this at a tournement. Also, any suggestions against regular space marines would be greatly appretiated.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Really, an Eldar army isn't that heavy on invulable saves, Just the avatar, farseers, and warlocks. An altaic army will be sniper heavy. Take plenty of Teleporting grey knights, and deep strike your termiators to wipe them out. By the way, for atalioc army.

For biel-tan, watch out for Banshees in waveserpents and dark reapers, because their the absloute bane of all grey knights

·
Registered
415 Posts
omg chi master brown thong is taking over the forum with his "strange comments"
and no 4-4 callidus isnt the sullotion allthough it would help what you need to do is
get a grand master and retinu of temis and deep srtike them into the heart of his army (remember to beef em all up with good war gear and phy abilaties) then place your callidus in there as well also get an inquisitor andget a retiun made up of servitors and acolights and then use grey knights ans strom trooper and if u have one a land raider for some fire power :w

·
Registered
878 Posts
Use Psycannons and Incinerators. Those don't allow Inv. Saves. And as for Master and Arjoe, just shut up.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the game so here goes....

Will the suggestions here be effective against the Dark Eldar as well?

Thanks and regards :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
NO

Getting back to the topic at hand.......a good meat wall can help against eldar but remember that alatoc snipers cant effect GK due their no-pinning rule. Also Callidus are the best assasins against eldar because you can use her to quickly dispatch of darkreapers......use the 'word in your ear' rule to move them dehind cover so they have to move on their first turn and then hit them with the cal in the second. Warlocks and Seers will fall easily enough to storm bolters and even easyer to psycannons and insinerators. Insinerators are exceptionaly good against eldar because they are str5 ap4, allowing only stricking scorpions to get their saves.
Also have a little faith in the 'shrouding' rule, it can help no end.

Your GK can lay down withering amounts of fire but its good to hav at least one big gun laying down the smack as you move into close combat. If the eldar have a nice pice of terrain that their bound to use target it with a lance strike and just stay away. If the battle fiels is a little sparse try using inducted guard as a meat wall and have a lemun russ lay down the pain. The eldar player will have to comit to shooting it and this can prove a great time to move in the troops. Keep the front eldar ranks ocupied with cheap meat wall guard, stormtroopers and Inquisitor retinues and then take out the rear guns with callidus, GK teleport teams and Grand Master HQ with retinue. One the GK have dealt with the guns they can move back across the table, sandwiching the close combat eldar between the gusrd and themselves. The quality and numbers will bring the eldar to their knees.

Ave Imperetor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.