Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK
Lemme get this straight.
Should I go ahead and get plaguebearers/great unclean one for my Chaos guys.
Or am I not gonna be able to use them once Codex: Daemons hits stores.

Sorry, i still dont have the new codex, bear with me.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
There's no definite answer to that question yet, but it looks as though the Daemon Codex won't be compatible with Chaos. You might check our Rumors Forum for more info. There's a thread about the new daemons in general.

I'd hold off for a while, unless you want to stick with 3rd edition rules.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
If you excuse me, i'm gonna cry for 24 hours.
They completely destroyed cult armies.
Ho hum
Well, they're not completely dead. You can still take a bunch of Plague Marines as Troops and give everything else the Icon of Nurgle and stuff but... yeah, what am I saying? They destroyed 'em.

Best you can do is wait for the Daemon Codex and go pure Nurgle.

Katie D

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
If you excuse me, i'm gonna cry for 24 hours.
They completely destroyed cult armies.
Ho hum
There's also a floating rumor that G.W. is looking at creating Cult Codices or at least White Dwarf releases, similar to how they did the Blood Angel's update. We may find restored opportunity for using our daemons with cult builds, who knows?

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
Well, I'm going to be using the standard 'ally' rules when codex daemons comes out. By that I mean

1 x HQ
1 x Elite
2 x Troop
1 x Fast Attack

Sure.. GW publish some random rules every so often.. but remember that it's YOUR hobby.

By that I mean, you're not under any legal obligations to follow their rules or what not. If a simple house rule is approved by your mates, and brings joy back into the hobby do it.

Besides, Greater DAemons have phenominal stats for their point cost (130+).

Also, get a codex.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hmm... now it hit me. If they release Cult Lists somehow, they can make the rule "to use this list, you have to own a copy of both Codex: Daemons AND Codex: Chaos Space Marines".

A rule that forces you to buy 2 Codexes apart from the actual media conmtaining your list? I would say that this is a good argument for the release of Cult Lists...

·
Registered
178 Posts
As it has been said before I'll house rule it and go with allies. If GW can kiss my back side, ohh yes the imperium can have allies but chaos cant.....SMurf loving ....

Oh, well that fact aside I would restrain myself from buying anything until the codex comes out.

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
I'm getting pretty sick and tired of people saying that GW destroyed the Cults. As soons as I saw that there werent any legions rules I was for once overjoyed. The cults make chaos what it is, they were the foundation. Not many of the original pre-heresy legionnaires have survived the 10.000 years of constant war that Chaos as a whole has waged against themselves, aliens and the Imperium. They rely on new recruits and those recruits come from once-loyal space marines going renegade. Therefore it's only logical that GW makes the codex a base for the generic Chaos Space Marine i.e. the renegade.
The reason I was overjoyed was that I knew that it's impossile for GW not to let go of the Cults. If they're not in the Chaos codex they're gonna make complete cult codexes, of that I'm sure. They're gonna be released somewhere in 2010, judging by the rumours. Bell of Lost Souls are rarely mistaken. They're somewhat of GWs "official" hypemachine. I trust them.

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
I backtracked the rumours there on the Apocalypse and Codex: Chaos rumours. They were right on the money there. Can't see why this would change. Their sources must be very reliable.
I'm happily willing to wait a couple of years to get a fluffy and consistent Cult codex full of fluff, special characters and thought through cult units. A two year wait for that is mch better than havin the old crappy cult rules which were mostly uncompetitive if you wanted to use a pure force.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well I couldn't agree more,but as I recall the thread was about deamons not cults. Yes I know that as chaos players we like to complain about the new codex's lack of cult and all. Hell I'll do it 3 out of 4 times, but whats past is past, all I hope is that GW will make Codex deamons compatible with CSM. Why cult armies being a good enough reason. So ok no more greater deamon of undicided, and some deamons align with a god.

There still the mayor problem the loss of vet skills and alt. force org. charts.....work around them. Alpha legion= 3 squads of veterans with Icon(20 men squads if you like, thats 60 infiltrating marines), rhino mounted squads, 2 deamon princes wings, some oblits (teleport), makes a fast movile army, not the whole army infiltrate thing but hey make due with what ya got.

·
Sadomachiatto
7,076 Posts
Unfortunately, I heard there was a bit of a back track on the statements printed on Bell of Lost Souls.

So, it wasn't a:

'We're going to do all the Chaos legions properly each with their own codex."

It was more:

'IF we were going to do all the Chaos legions, we'd do it properly, each with their own codex.'

See the difference?

Also, I must say, I think it's a bit unfair to say that just because the renegade is more common than an old school legionairre (which you're completely right about), that those who wish to use cults or legion armies should suffer.

It's an extreme example, but, by that logic, there should only be one marine player for every hundred Imperial Guard player, and most Eldar players would probably have to change to orks, LaTD or Nids.

Basically, regardless of the current condition of the 40K universe, it's still just a game, so players should be given the options.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Also, I must say, I think it's a bit unfair to say that just because the renegade is more common than an old school legionairre (which you're completely right about), that those who wish to use cults or legion armies should suffer.

It's an extreme example, but, by that logic, there should only be one marine player for every hundred Imperial Guard player, and most Eldar players would probably have to change to orks, LaTD or Nids.

Basically, regardless of the current condition of the 40K universe, it's still just a game, so players should be given the options.
Amen. That prety much sums it up. Also I'd like to add, that it's not unheard of to have alternate lists. Imp. Guard & Space Marines? If GW wanted to standarize Id like to see it happen to the SMurfs, come on 6 devastator squads !!!!! gimme my Iron Warriors back

·
Topic Creator Deluxe
2,146 Posts
Whoa!!
I just re-read what I wrote.

The reason I was overjoyed was that I knew that it's impossile for GW not to let go of the Cults.
Of course I meant that it IS impossile for GW TO let go of the cults. The cults is where it all started, and what gives Chaos it's unique flavor. The original Legions are so massively important for chaos that they would lose all of us chaos-players if they didn't embrace the differences of the legions. That realisation was what made me happy. If it isn't in the Codex it's BOUND to come after. Otherwise Chaos would gently slide into vanilla. I don't think they're that stupid to allow it.
So I'll keep my fingers crossed as the immortal optimist I am and hope that the W crew isn't totally retarded.

Think I'll quit hi-jacking this thread now. Sorry... Over and out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well, I'm going to be using the standard 'ally' rules when codex daemons comes out. By that I mean

1 x HQ
1 x Elite
2 x Troop
1 x Fast Attack

Sure.. GW publish some random rules every so often.. but remember that it's YOUR hobby.

By that I mean, you're not under any legal obligations to follow their rules or what not. If a simple house rule is approved by your mates, and brings joy back into the hobby do it.

Besides, Greater DAemons have phenominal stats for their point cost (130+).

Also, get a codex.

Agreed. I know my opponent won't care. I think all armies should be able to take allies anyways, not just the Inquisition or whoever else can. Who is to say that Orks and DE aren't going to team up if there is a shared common interest.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.