Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I read some fluff in the an issue of White Dwarf about Magnus the Red (uncertain about the issue number) and it pysses :D me off how he was betrayed... It is so stinking sad. He had a good heart and all but the Emperor rejected him.

So i got to thinking, how did this make the Emperor feel when Horus actually rebelled? I know this can be an anti-heretic discussion, but how do y'all think he felt when horus actually rebelled?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Their fluff is one of the reasons why i love my little...ummm...mindless automatons.

The Thousand Sons is the only legion which in fact was betrayed by the emperor. They had no bad intentions, and Magnus considered it as necessary to use psychic powers to warn the emperor. The emperor should have understood that, and eventually slapped only Magnus for this. Instead, the declared the entire Legion to be renegades.

jwu

·
Registered
959 Posts
yeah the emperor is a little bitch like that. actually Angron was the first primarch to be betrayed in a sense by the emperor, as Angron wanted to make the last stand with a bunch gladiator slaves he had escaped slavery with but the emperor wouldnt let him and Angron felt like he had betrayed his friends and never forgot what the emperor did to him.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I reckon you are supposed to feel sorry for Nighthaunter too in a twisted Batman-esque sort of way. Remember how he was really just a product of his environment and whilst he was viscious he was viscious out of trying to right wrongs and maintain peace.

Further he knew he was going to be killed by his father and that his children would be killed by their brothers from a premonition and yet he still felt he had to help the Emperor.

Admittedly he beat Rogal Dorn to a bloody mess but he had the decency to feel bad about it and old yellow-belly probably started it anyway.

In the end he took the assassination that was due to him possibly to balance the scales and relieve his guilt at betraying his family but also to seek vindication for his actions. He knew that it was coming, he told everyone and no-one believed him...

Also despite being a bit beastly and feral he never ascended to Daemonhood unlike some of the others so in the end he ept his humanity if not his sanity.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Originally posted by ArchonAstaroth@Nov 11 2003, 12:13
Their fluff is one of the reasons why i love my little...ummm...mindless automatons.

The Thousand Sons is the only legion which in fact was betrayed by the emperor. They had no bad intentions, and Magnus considered it as necessary to use psychic powers to warn the emperor. The emperor should have understood that, and eventually slapped only Magnus for this. Instead, the declared the entire Legion to be renegades.

jwu
The Only? dont forget about Fulgrim and his emperors children who were at horus's side when he fought that fake excuse for an emperor during the siege of terra

·
Pure Venom.
1,306 Posts
Yeah, magnus is cool, i even converted a daemon prince of him. But that corpse, the Emperor, was scared of him. he tried to use forbidden magicks to prove that horus was going to betray him, and created a powerful spell with his powers. Magnus is as strong as the Emperor in psychic powers, so the Emperor was scared that he had to be the most supreme psyker in the galaxy, and sent the space wolves to devastate prospero because of this huge show of power.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, The Emperor must die for betraying Magnus, and i think Chaos is gonna win (as do most of us who play chaos).

Do you have any pictures of the converted Magnus? I wouldn't mind making one of my own.

·
Registered
841 Posts
lol magnus being the stronger psyker than emperor? u must be mad...
ill quote from horus heresy campagn
''horus had the dark gods whisper ''we have n interest in your world, the emperors powers are destroying the warp which in end is destroying us, bring us the emperor, and you will be the rightful leader of humanity, and we will leave your affairs..''
Horus knew that the emperor was the most powerful psyker that ever existed and that ever will exist, he knew he had to challenge the emperor..''
magnus being the most powerful psyker? *BAH* the emperor had the power to destroy the chaos gods themselves
so magnus being the most powerful psyker, sorry but my @$$

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Tis kinda sad, but an excellent argument to demonstrate the emperor's ignorance! If you want a sad story, go for Konrad Curze, now there's an interesting story.

PS: We (Iron Warriors) were betrayed by the emperor too! Okay we might've made part of that up, but anyone who disagrees will be chained to the front of a Vindicator.

·
Registered
664 Posts
oh well, doesnt magnus only have one eye? Konrad Kurze definately has the saddest story. IMO.

·
Pure Venom.
1,306 Posts
Each primarch had an aspect of the Emperor's characteristics. Sanguinius had his bravery and faith. Leman Russ and Angron had his strength and combat prowess. Magnus had his PSYCHIC ABILITY!
Unfortunately, Horus got them all.

I don't know if I can get a picture of Magnus. I'll try. In the meantime, try searching on the net. As a tip, he had one eye, has red gore skin and scab red armour, and has purple, blue and white feathers across his back, chest and one shoulderpad(right usually, but take your pick.) mine also has an energy ball in his hand as well.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Magnus was, I think, less trusted (by the Emperor) than the others. They venerated him, and he was their father; Magnus wasn't surprised by his arrival or that of his Marines. Since he had already become a powerful psyker, he had already met the Emperor psychically, and their eventual meeting was more of a formality. While the others were like burgeoning, growing children after the Emperor arrived, Magnus had matured on his own and sought out the Emperor, showing a dangerous level of independence. That's why the Emperor didn't like him as much. And the Iron Warriors simply rebelled because they were bored of being given the sh!tty missions like garrisoning fortresses, and Pertarubo felt the Emperor wasn't respecting his troops enough. (a planet with a turbulent population of around 130-170 million was garrisoned by a fortress containing 10 Iron Warriors.) They went nuts one day pacifying a planet and killed about five million people, then realized what they had done and fled to Horus.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You know, just once, I'd like to see the Alpha Legion get SOME respect. I mean, hey, who was really betrayed by the Emperor? His youngest son, Alpharius, that's who! The Emperor was so busy playing with all of the older Primarchs that he never really had time for Alpharius, who ended up trying to make his Chapter the best one out there to gain his father's respect - and what happened? The Emperor gave him a proverbial pat on the head and said "That's a nice little boy - go and play with your toy soldiers while daddy talks with the REAL Primarchs."

Hmm - and you wonder why the Alpha Legion joined Horus' Rebellion...

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My point was that Magnus had good intentions in the first place. None of the other heretics had good intentions to my knowledge.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Konrad Curze had VERY good inntetions, his homeworld was riddled with crime, murder, lust, deceit, bad bad stuff! So he went about purfying it, sure it was very strict... you kill, you die; you commit adultry, you die; you steal, you die; stay up late, you die ect. But his attentions were good, and he got rid of all crime on the planent. But then here comes the empereor, with his glowing ship which blinds alot of the people on the night lords home planent (the planent was etternally dark) So whos the bad guy huh! The emperor who blinds people with out reason, or Nighthaunter whoo kills people with a very good reason.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Konrad Curze may have gotten a bit carried away...
And I always support to Emperor. Not so the Imperium, but the Emperor was a basically good guy. When he was alive, anyway.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.