Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So next Saturday is a tourny and I was wondering how I could make this list better.

HQ
155 DA Master of Sanctity: T.A., Lightning Claws.

240 5x DW Assault Terminators: 5x Lightning Claws, Furious Charge
268 Land Raider Crusader: Smoke Launchers

Troops
90 5x Tactical Squad: 1x LC

90 5x Tactical Squad: 1x LC

Fast
81 3x Scout Bikers: MeltaBombs

160 2x Ravenwing Landspeeders: 2x HB's, 2x AC's

Heavy
135 5x Devastator Squad: 4x HB

125 Vindicator

85 Whirlwind

Total: 1510

I place my scouts in my front line directly across from any enemy armor / something that WILL blow up my Land Raider. If I get first turn, AWESOME! And if not I move my scouts to be behind cover to do that next turn. As I blow up the armor and consolodate into a group of troops (Hopefully they were dumb and placed 2 anti tank together) I send my Land Raider in and shoot the Smokes. My Land Raider better have survived and I charge out with my Assault Terminators and mop up their army. While this is all happening I have my Land Speeders, Whirlwind, Vindicator, Tactical Squads, and Devistators harass my opponent.

I can change my list to be what I originally had by taking out the Crusader and giving the Scouts Sergeants Homing Beacons, Bolt Pistols, and Thunder Hammers so I can summon my Termies while I am Tied up in CQC. This give me about 220 extra points so I would put in another Land Speeder and a Dread with Linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher, and Tank Hunters.

I have been told to make more Assault Termies so if I did I would get rid of the Whirlwind, make my troops scouts with missile launchers, give my vindicator PotMS and add 2 more assault termies

·
Registered
192 Posts
personly i would lose the vindicator and either beef up the 2 tactical squads or add another tactical squad

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HQ
155 Reclusiarch: T.A., Lightning Claws.

298 6x DW Assault Terminators: 6x Lightning Claws, Furious Charge

Troops
105 6x Tactical Squad: 1x LC

105 6x Tactical Squad: 1x LC

Fast

160 2x Ravenwing Landspeeders: 2x HB's, 2x AC's

Heavy
150 6x Devastator Squad: 4x HB

268 Land Raider Crusader: Smoke Launchers

85 Whirlwind

Total: 1503

Better?

·
Registered
192 Posts
assuming you are putting the chaplain and the terminator command squad in the LRC you are putting almost half your points in 1 big basket, albiet an AV 14 basket.
i would advise in ditching the LRC, reducing your command squad to 4-strong and getting a drop pod for your command squad. or you could keep them the same size and get 2 minimum size scout squads with no upgrades except TH for the sarge and give him a teleport homer. then infiltrate the scouts near any high priorite targets and then bam 7 termeis with a crapload of attacks with rerolls of to hits and to wounds show up and then attack either that turn or the next turn(im not really sure if a deepstriking unit can assualt teh turn they show up) i get nervuos about putting any thing that says big expensive target in big bold letters on the field.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts