Ravenwing Land Speeder
Assault cannon & Heavy Bolter

Ravenwing Land Speeder

Heavy

8 Devastator Marines
4 Missle Launchers

1500 points

Shooting is powerfull, but what about assault? I know Dark Angels are useless at assault, but still need to be able to take objectives.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dark Angels useless in assualt are you kidding me?

Ok for the chaplain you don't need to take stubborn(deathwing) on him anymore,annouced by gw on the fourms.Another thing,I always give my chappy with JP,is a pair of lighting claws reroll on hits and wounds+the whole sqaud reroll their hits also.That's nasty.

here- http://us.games-workshop.com/community/forums/40Kforum.htm

go to the thread- Some 40K rules clarifications from Pete Haines

I say drop one dread,plasma c. aint that popular on dreads these days because you can just take a assualt cannon that can be deadly to infantry and tanks.If you shot the Plasma c. at terminators you will only get one.If you shot your assualt cannon and lets say u got lucky and got four 6's,ask yourself which one is better?AC

On the dreadnought,just give him a lascannon,missle+tank hunter+whatever upgrades u can fit in.

I think you need alot more troops than 5 man sqauds,give them at least 6-8.My sqauds of Marines are geared for shooty/assualt and can handle taking horde and well armoured troops(termies).The only two things you have to take objectives is your RW land speeders and your assualt marine sqaud.If you opponent takes down both of those,which wont be no problem then your screwed taking objectives.

Ok space marines are tough to kill,most well rounded solider in the game to any of the other average soldiders compared to like orks,guardians etc..Second Dark Angels dont run,so they can keep shooting,might as well beef them up piss off the opponent.

If your facing assualt/horde armys,like say tyranids their will be so many of them you cant kill them all with all the plasma c.,lascannon,and 2 land speeders.With nids they can happen on turn 2,now which is scary.In your list you lack alot of horde killer weapons,like cheap heavy bolters.

So for marines,I would just keep the lascannon sqauds 5 man with no other special weapons.Get some scouts,that can infiltrate and take out easy threats like baslisk,reapers,or to just piss them off by harrasing them by pinning their like devaster sqauds,also claiming objectives if they survive that is.I would take a couple heavy bolters or at least one,people say heavy bolters are cheap I say hell no to that.They can make up their points in no time.

Dark Angels are useless in assualt you say?um no ok.People think of dark angels of a shooty army when they come to their mind.Dark Angels is more of a balanced army than anything,put it this way Dark Angels shoot the living crap out the enemy making them come to them,then counter assualts.good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HQ

Reclusiarch
Terminator Honours
Jump Pack
Bolt pistol
Frag Grenades
Blades of Reason

Elites

Troops

6 Marines
Lascannon
Plasma gun

6 Marines
Lascannon
Plasma gun

6 Marines
Plasma cannon
Plasma Gun

6 Marines
Plasma Cannon
Plasma Gun

6 Marines
Plasma Cannon
Plasma Gun

Fast

10 Assault Marines
Veteran Sergeant
Chainfist
2 Plasma Pistols
Frag Grenades

2x Ravenwing Land Speeder

2x Ravenwing Land Speeder

Heavy

8 Devastator Marines
4 Missle Launchers

1500 points

I still think it is too low on anti personnel, but Plasma Cannons just seem more fluffy.

·
Registered
400 Posts
First, the Vet Sgt can NOT have a chainfist. Chainfists are "Terminator only" items, check out the SM codex. Just give him a power fist, it's good enough.
Overall it's a pretty good list, but i'd like ur attention on the sheer number of plasma weapons you have. 8 is IMO a bit too much, some of those poor marines will die because of overheating...keep it to 6 or under, but if you want the fluff, then fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts