Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the dark angels ally with the IG? A situation came up last night at a game hall.. and no one really knew if it was legal or not.. i play tyranids...so i don't have a clue.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Da+ig

not entirely sure, but generally imperial armies can ally with one another without difficulty. also, when allied with IG, DA would probably lose their 'hunting the fallen' rule. but i don't know for sure, that just seems the most reasonable answer to me.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Well, it depends on how you look at it.

If one player is playing DA, he may not take allies whatsoever, in essence, no inquisitors, assassins, SOB, whatever.

But if there's 2 players, fine, it doesn't matter, they let you do it in GW doubles tournaments.

·
Registered
24 Posts
With a Witch Hunters / Deamon Hunters Army you can have both in the same list but there are quite strict limitations on these. eg. Stormtroopers + Dark Angels But not actual inducted IG

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Error said:
With a Witch Hunters / Deamon Hunters Army you can have both in the same list but there are quite strict limitations on these.
No you can't.

Firstly in an Inquisitorial army may not induct both SM and IG.

Secondly, the Dark Angels FAQ states you mau not ally DA with any Inquisition army.

You could ally them in a friendly game if it was 2 different players teaming up, but you can't legally take them both in the list.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well I believe the Deamonhunters Codex was brought out after the Dark Angels codex and it specifically states in it. That Deamonhunters unit's can be included as allies in any of the following codex armies: Space Marines, including varient chapters that Include the Dark Angels*
The Note Being: That if Deamonhunters are present the Inquisitorial scrutiny Means the Fallen Angel Hunt is susspended.
If this is cleared up in a a FAQ I accept that I am wrong but as Deamonhunters/Witchhunters are newer I would say thier rules are more upto date and hence used.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As I said I accept I am wrong... no need to get sarcastic, I don't have the faq's pasted in my codex's.
Error said:
If this is cleared up in a a FAQ I accept that I am wrong

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I'm sorry if you thought I was being sarcastic, I was just following on from your point about it being cleared up in an FAQ.

Anyway, the original question was legally can you combine IG and SM. Even without them being Dark Angels, it's impossible to induct Imperial Guard and Space Marines into the same force.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
As long as you take 2 Force orangisation lists, against 2 force oranisation lists, then any combination of army is legal. Otherwise, dark angles may have no allies.

Honestly, there is no practical reason to ally DAs with Witch hunters or Demon hunters, any trait marine army can out shoot the DAs. Ravenwing is a special army with special rules, and obviously cant operate with slower models, deathwing is to valurable ect ect, besides grey knighter termintors are probably better.

So take trait marines, and if you want fluff, clam your a successor chapter with trait devations.
Peace

1 - 11 of 11 Posts