Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, what if the Unforgiven chapters ever catch the last of the fallen (it won't ever hapen, I know, but that's why it's fluff). Will they suddenly become all goody-goody and listen to Imperial orders or will they remain chapters that have their own plans and goals?

Personally I think they will continu the way they fight now, asking nor accepting help from most of the other Imperial forces (Space Marines excepted)...

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I suppose they'd see themselves as redeemed, they still wouldn't fight along mutants/abhumans, but the secrecy would probably be gone, and of course they'd be more 'disciplined' as they don't have anything to suddenly hunt down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But would they really give up the freedom they enjoy right now? I mean, they are pretty much free to choice their targets (appart from the fallen off course, whom they must attack on locating them) so that freedom would be lost if they'd 'return' to serving the imperium more directly

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
i think theyd all go cruisin around in the rock sorta like a mobile strike force

·
Registered
128 Posts
Originally posted by sithjack@Nov 12 2003, 23:17
i think theyd all go cruisin around in the rock sorta like a mobile strike force
i agree

they carnt find all of the fallen cos there scattered through time by cvhaos so now we know whey st george was so strong :rolleyes:

·
Registered
37 Posts
I dont think any chapter considers itself 'serving' the Imperium. Its more complex than that, when space marines are needed they are asked for help, not ordered. Not only that, the space marines are too different to the rest of humanity to be considered part of it. For example: the space wolves are sometimes considered heretical because of thier beliefs and the blood angels are seen as dangerous mutants by many inquisitors. Despite these things ( and theres lots of them ) the space marines are tolerated because of thier fighting prowess and willingness to fight for humanity.

·
Registered
878 Posts
They can't get all the pieces. It's like the Primarchs. They're nice to think about, but if GW ever made them, the whole game would go down the potty faster than a turd.

·
Registered
396 Posts
At some point in time they would probably end up fighting against their rivals such as the Space Wolves. Wasn't there a rivalry between their Primarchs?

There's also the fact that they might not like the looks of all those fangs and then there's all those Wulfen. I know that they won't fight with the Black Dragons due to that Chapter's Emperor's Claws.

I just hope they don't become so hide bound that they end up becoming short sighted and be destroyed in the process.

·
Registered
878 Posts
No, I doubt that they'll fight the Dark Angels. Even though there is a rivelry betwixt the two chapters, SMs would NEVER fight each other if they are loyal to the Imperium.

·
Registered
396 Posts
There have been cases of Space Marine fighting each other after the Inquisition declared said Chapter "extremis diabolus". I wouldn't put it past them to declare the Space Wolves as such. Would the Dark Angels support the Space Wolves or will they become the pawn of the Inquisition?

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
There was a battle between Russ and Lion El'Johnson. And everytime the SWs and DAs meet one of their numbers must take the place of their Primarches for the chapters honour.

I don't think the fallen will be allowed back into the DAs, they were tainted by Luthor. Anyway when a fallen is captured he is tortured until he repents his sins, if he does he's given a quick death and if not it's very slow and very painful.

The inqusition won't declare SWs excommunicate because they hold the Emperor higher than any other,but they basically worship Russ. Same with Blood Angels they worship the Emperor but they do have the black rage, brought on by their primarches blood being injected into them when they are inducted. As long as they worship the Emperor and don't do anything to much out of the ordinary they're fine, and loyal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I remember hearing something about marines sometimes having quarrels or "mistakenly" thinking other chapters are tainted by chaos, therefore fighting them. Also I believe there is a scenario on the GW site for Dark Angels vs Space Wolves. And Russ, and the Lion were actually good friends but they fought over a quarral, and they would still be friends but since they are gone their chapters are rivals.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
What the duel was about was both chapters had been assigned to assault a enemy stronghold. Lion had scouted it found the weaknesses, and was going to do a surgical strike. Russ just wan't to charge in head first, which he did. Russ swore to take the dead of the heritic, but lion killed him when russ was down below in the courtyard fighting. So Russ found Lion after the battle and punched him, and then they ended up dueling. After a while Russ found it funny and started to laugh, Lion thought his first punch as tretrious and knocked him out, when Russ woke up Lion and the DAs had gone. This is why they always duel and don't get alone.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The Dark Angels do have that hunt the fallen rule and its suspended when the Inquisition is near.

I'm just wondering what would happen if they do get found out?

That would be one can of worms the Inquisition would gleefully open.

:a

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I suppose the inquistion wouldn't really like the Dark Angels anymore (even less then they did before :) ) then, but with the eye of terror campaing being over and the Imperium being on the losing side, I doubt they would make it a very big issue right now, they need all the forces they can get. Although it is doubtfull that when things settle down the inquisition will continue to think of the Dark Angels as servants of the Emperor, since half of them joined Chaos...

·
Registered
396 Posts
There's also that fact that they won't work with mutants and regard certain other Chapters in that regard such as the Black Dragons.

The Black Dragons only have spikes on their forearms while the Space Wolves have fangs and some turn into Wulfen and they work with them...sheesssh

:a

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.