Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to 40k and have been looking at the diffrent army. after looking at chaos and deamonhunters i finally decided to do dark angels.

after buying the dark angels codex i was dissapointed to see the lack of history in it. i was just wondering if anyone knew where i could find some history on them and there primarch lion el'johnson.

·
Registered
290 Posts
as was pointed out to me, check the 'fluff bible' in the download section of this forum. There is a whole thing explaining the beginings and rise of the primarch and that whole 'hidden shame' that the newest codex does a piss poor job of covering.

Word of warning you have to look for the correct section in that text document, its about half way down though.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Failing that, buy the first Index Astartes book, it covers several chapters including DA, and I think pretty in-depth (though I haven't seen 2nd edition codex so I can't comment I guess). Aside of DA it also has WS, IW, EC, FT (flesh tearers) and I think something else... oh yeah stuff on dreadnoughts and librarians. Tis a very interesting book (as is Index Astartes 2).

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yeah, the 2nd ed. Angels of Death Codex is a great source if you can get your hands on it, and the First Index Astartes book.

The Dark Angels homeworld (Caliban) was torn apart by the warp, I believe at the time of the betrayal thing when a bunch of the Dark Angels betrayed to Chaos. I think there was a warp storm brought about by that and the planet was torn apart. If memory serves (I'll check this later tonight) their Fortress Monestary's shields held a chuck of Caliban together, and they converted that chunk with the monestary into a mobile starship called The Rock which they fly around in now.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
It wasn't torn apart by the warp, but by the DA themselves IIRC. When they returned to their homeplanet after fighting Chaos only to see that that same evil had corrupted the DA that stayed there they went nuts, and bombed the planet from orbit without realising the damage they were doing to it. And then, kaboom! there goes Caliban. Then they built a fortress monastery on a large chunk of it and now they use it as a mobile base.

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
Fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com has nearly every thing you need to know about the dark angels including the goodness of plasma.

Put your trust into good old dark age technology not all this new stuff use the plasma bikes worst enemy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.