Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take an Interrogator-Chaplain as my HQ choice but was wondering if i could chuck his Crozius Arcanum for a pair of Lightning Claws. It seems like I would be able to, but i just want to check to make sure.

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
The codex states that the Interrogator Chaplain may be given any equipment allowed from the Dark Angels armoury, so you would be able to give your Chaplain a pair of Lightning Claws, though it is a waste of points to do so and you would most likely be better off giving him a Bolt Pistol to get the benefit of an additional attack. Re-rolling rolls to wound is nice but I feel that it is icing on the cake, especially when you already have a Power Weapon. I would simply recommend saving the points, but if you wish to give him the Lighning Claws there is nothing that would stop you from doing so.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
GW released a revised FAQ revision to the DA codex, you no longer use Interrigator chaplain profiles for Dark angels.. instead you use the normal chaplain profiles from the space marine codex and must give them terminator honours. and stubborn if you WANT too.
So yeah Interrigator chaps are now just not normal reclusiarchs or masters of sanctity. with termie honours.

But to answer your actual question, the last post summed it up. theres nothing STOPPING you from taking lightning claws but its a waste. the standard chaplain gear plus boltpistol & termy honours is good enough as it is.

happy hunting

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So can the chaplain take termie armor instead of termie honors? The FAQ said they have to take termie honors but that doesnt make sense seeing as in the DA codex termie armor can be taken for 10 points.

·
Ghost of LO
3,861 Posts
This is because terminator armour is so cheap, for DA, you see, it would be the exact same point cost anyway.

its 25 points if you want your dude in terminator armour, anyway you look at it.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Isnt the only REAL reason for giving a Commander Terminator armour so that you can have a terminator command squad? bcoz if u want a 2+ save you can just take artificer armour..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts