Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody
I'm kinda new to Warhammer 40k, and I need some tips:
-Whats the coolest way to paint a Dark Angel (undercoat-ink wash-highlight...)?.
-Are there any nice tactics that are worth knowing?
-How many scouts are worth having in an army? I like snipers but I'm not sure how many I should take...
- Anyone knows where I can get Bubonic Brown in Spray in OSLO? :wink:
Thanks, philip

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I can only help you with painting: undercoat Chaos Black (spray), then spray Dark angels green, use snot green (I think) for the highlights. Don't know if it's worth using any inks on them. I don't play them myself, but I think MasterBelial can help you out pretty well.

·
Registered
485 Posts
A good way to paint DA is as stated black undercoat, spray or paint with Dark Dngels green (I prefer to paint using the blackline method) Hightlight with with a lighter green eg Snot Green. Then apply a coat of watered down black ink.

There are some tactics worth to mention, the DA can use Plasma Cannons in their tactical squads. I always field lots of 5 men tactical squads each with Plasma Cannon and Plasma gun ,This gives the DA the edge on practically any other army with marines.

As for the scouts, I always have a full squad, with 8 men with sniper rifle, 1 with hvy bolter and sgt. They are especially usefull against units with high toughness.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
new dark Angels questions

Thanks everybody for the help
ill have to get back to you when I make my deathwing company
yet another question: is there any website where I can download and print high resolution pictures of banners and standards? Home design and everything. With or without color ....???
And by the way, are all the managers and moderators of librarium online norwegian??? Anyone who works at games workshop in OSLO???

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yep we're all norwegian in the management, and all the Mod except one are norwegian. None of us works at GW though

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
veldig bra

Finally I found an almost norwegian wh40k portal..
Some more questions about painting...
- Except from the edges of the armor, what should I highlight?
- undercoat to snipers? black or white?

Thanks

-----------------

Det er fint at endelig jeg finner en nesten hel nork W40K portal...
Noen fler spørsmål om maling...
-bortsett fra kantene av rustningen, hva skal jeg highlighte?
-undercoat til snipers? sort eller hvitt?

takk

*Edited by admin*

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
You could also highlight the weapons (though I never do this to be honest). If you paint the gun casing Chaos Black you should highlight with codex grey. If you paint em red use some lighter red or orange.
And please type in English because we're not ALL Norwegian (I'm Dutch for instance), though I can understand a bit of it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Agreed with Bornindarkness on the language, keep it in english on the boards. ( In the chatroom Little Scandinavia you are free to write in norwegian)

To all others the section in the post written in norwegian is the same as the english part

As for my signature philipmatlary, It's intentional that I swithced the order of the words. In my mind, I think it's got a nicer ring to it this way

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Of course

Sorry bout the missunderstanding but it seems I only get replies from norwegiophone people, I think...
So, my questions:
-what are these Vindicators? Assassins? Who can use them?
-Any good tactics for fighting Orks? Does one just need to stay away and rapid fire them away? Or charge?
-What should a Snipers cape look like?(I don't think I'm good enough to paint camouflage like the one in the codex) And a snipers undercoat? Black or white?

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
I don't undercoat scouts (I find they look more camoflagued) Dark Angels can't use Assassins cuz they don't like outsiders and vindicators are cool if short ranged (hint give it a pintle mounted storm bolter) they have a demolisher cannon and storm bolter and you should bleed orks white with attack bikes and LandRaider Crusaders then assault with your best assault sqauds, and try to avoid termies cuz choppas reduce their save to 4+.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Note: if you are going to make a Deathwing Company, you don't want their armor green. It should be the bone-white color of the terminators, unless of course you're doing some other chapter, or some wild pre-heresy color scheme.

·
Registered
33 Posts
philipmatlary:

I disagree with sithjack on the undercoating of scouts. IMHO I think it would help to darken the earth tones of the proper scout camo pattern they would utilize.

Always bleed ORKS and only assault if ur sure u will be victorious, (but then the dice gods will have their say) :blink: :angry: :(

Go ahead with the termies just dont get into assault range if possible. I like to back up and keep using the heavy weapons against them coupled with the storm bolters. But its damn hard especially against Speed freaks

·
Professional Lurker
2,085 Posts
thats a good idea but will someone tell me why some chapters have scouts that are blue or silver or red or orange i mean they can't infiltrate very well if they stand out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.