Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i have a scout squad whose sole existance in tabletop life is to hunt tanks down and make them go BOOM! So any one got suggestions on how i can model Marine scouts to look the part of "Tank Hunters?" Obviously make sure they have gernades on them, maybe paint the gernades a distintive color for krak gerndaes.

Also, i had considered using archive adeptus arbite models and converting them into marine scouts for the tank hunting role. With there different armour style they are distingished from the rest, also i really hate painting faces so i am looking for an excuse to feild a converted arbites squad as scouts so i only have to paint their helmets and not worry about eyes and hair and face details.

Any suggestions, for either a conversion of existing marine scouts or the arbites? (for the recod, yes my tank hunters ARE armed with bolters and shotguns...)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I dunno if its allowed or not (im a newb) but have you considered Imperial Guard storm troopers?

They look the part to me at least.. they dont have space marine armor..but they do have armor of a sort..and they have some cool helmets..and night vision goggles and grenades and such. To me they look like they could be space marine scouts.

Like I said though.. im a newb and dont know the rules for such a thing :)..seems to me though that if you are playing with friends..you could field an Ogryn as a Predator as long as they agree that that is what it is.

·
Registered
581 Posts
What about modeling them carrying large shaped charges? A company like Tamiya might make such charges for regular 1/32 models and you might be able to make it work...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps I'll check out the storm troopers for possible bitz to use... Maybe i can canabalize some of their parts, like swaping out head etc.

Thanks for the ideas all

·
Registered
190 Posts
I thought of using Storm Troopers as scouts. In my army I regard Scouts not as rookies but a Special Forces type unit. The only thing is I play mostly with die hard WYSIWYG players and it's gonna be hard to convince them that the hell guns are something different, and it would be a mjaor pan in the ass to convert them all...but the already have Carapace and they look so much like a Special Forces unit than the mostly static Marine Scouts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.