Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i have decided to get the dark angels for my army. now, what set would be good to start out with of the dark angels? Dark Angels Tactical Squad? I would like a set including several guys like this. and how many guys do you need to be able to have an army and play a game?:|
please reply,
lloomoo:sleep:

· Registered
391 Posts
If you are die hard on making some guys first, I understand. The dark angels codex is not THAT expensive.. I think maybe $14 USD tops and you basically need it so you even know what kind of troops you can take as well as valuble fluffyness and how a proper codex color scheme is.

I understand the overwhelming need to model and paint and such, but you want to have an Idea of what you want, beofre you start dropping cold cash on the counter for a model you might not even be able to use...

Just my 2 cents.

-UK

· Registered
90 Posts
second

after you have recieved your referances you might want to download the pdf for the Dark angels 4th edition rules from the website, so that you would have the linkers for the rule book and the well you get the idea....

as far as army building just get one pack of vetran sergants and two of the tact squads box sets, the new space marine codex will let you run that for starting that is all you need to begin .:yes:

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
-_-

well, the rulebook is $50 and the codex is $10, and two boxes of tactical squad is $80 ($40 each), then the veteran sargents are $8.... so all of that together is $148.... and i need the paint which is about $30 (i already have glue).......
:wacko: so all of it together is $178!!!!!!:wacko:
this is crazy
lloomoo:(

· Registered
90 Posts
look elseware

there are plenty of websites out there that sell 40k minitures for a percentage off the origional price , heck you can find whole armies on ebay , after that go to a craft store not a hobby store and get your paints the name Delta Ceramicoat works well for space marines you can compare paint colors to the citadel paints they have a wide range and they only cost a buck american.

· Registered
391 Posts
Uhm not to directly contradict anyone but the Delta Ceramicoat are OK at absolute best. they really are not the paints to use if you want to do a seriously good paintjob.

I use them for terrain, but there are many alternatives to Games Workshop paints that work a hell of a lot better then cheapie Ceramicoat paint. They will get you a Tabletop quality finish at best.

if It doesn't matter to you, please disregard.

· Registered
90 Posts
now what

give a name of a paint type then that is water based that is a good middle man i was just looking at the affordability for him.....:((

· Registered
391 Posts
Don't be upset, I am just saying that the results with ceramicoat are less then ideal..

a good painter would think they suck if they used it exclusively.

I recommend Vallejo Game series if you are just starting out. the names and colors are almost identical to games workshop paints and they are less expensive.

If you want to go all out and suddenly have a lot of free money flying around I vote for the reaper master series.

If you want good painting results you have to get good paint.

I mean for real, you are spending around $4-$10 for a piece of plastic. Might as well make it look really good if you are going to spend that much right?

if not well get a cereal box, cut out a piece and write space marine on it and play with those, its way cheaper.

Not trying to criticize anyone or anything like I said I use the same paints you suggested for painting terrain, they are great for that.

· Registered
90 Posts
thanks

i accept the appology , i use a wide range of paints it depends on what i want it to do, i use delta for base coating and citadel for finishing with highlights. i have not tried to use the others at all though:sleep:

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ebay= cheap

thanks guys, that will help me to getting my guys.
i dont think ebay would be good for warhammer 40k, they might be broken, missing peices, and all different stuff. ebay is good for buying a lot of stuff, but im not gonna do that for 40k. i want them to look perfect:shifty: . they may not be very expensive, but i dont trust the person selling it. i'm just gonna buy some from the web (web is also cheaper than store:yes: )
thanks again guys, the advice helped,

· Registered
90 Posts
lloomoo said:
thanks guys, that will help me to getting my guys.
i dont think ebay would be good for warhammer 40k, they might be broken, missing peices, and all different stuff. ebay is good for buying a lot of stuff, but im not gonna do that for 40k. i want them to look perfect:shifty: . they may not be very expensive, but i dont trust the person selling it. i'm just gonna buy some from the web (web is also cheaper than store:yes: )
thanks again guys, the advice helped,
no problem man happy hunting:yes:

330 Posts
concon360 said:
is there a non character non bike/landspeeder HQ for dark angels?
Your standard issue SM Commander or grab a DA Vet Sergeant and convert the arms to be more like a Character.

If you go back into the mail order archive there is an old DA Captain that you might like as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.