Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here goes...

I was thinking about starting a dark angels succesor chapter with close ties to a forge world.
I was thinking of painting the reqular marines red and green with silver trim
The deathwing would be red with some bleached bone
The ravenwing would be black and red
the scouts would be black with no chapter markings to represent their shame (they ran away from some nids while honouring a debt to defend and support the forge world and their plannets[Any suggestions on names?])
The rest of the chapter must now work toward to goals:
catching the Fallen
and showing the Adeptus Mechanus that they are trustworthy and good allies
Squads from the chapter now can be requested by the forge world to travel with and defend expeditions and the forge world as well as the forge world's properties

What do you think?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I guess you could do it but you have to remember that the DA only have 1 goal and that is to get the fallen. I dont think they would pledge themselves to a forge world. But i really like the scout stuff its like to negatives in one army. being sissys and being losers whos bros turn on them.

·
269 Posts
Perhaps alter the Hunt for the Fallen rule as the Hunt for Tech. Same rule but instead of information on the Fallen, they are searching for lost Tech. Remember that only the DA and the Secound Foundings officially know about the Fallen. DIY DA Armies would need a very good fluff background to see how they are taking part in the Unforgiven's hunt.

I wouldn't go that route and just have them focus on the Forge World angle. It is a very good foundation to build upon without complicating it with the Fallen Dark Angels

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think altering the hunt the fallen rule is a great idea
I will forget about the Hunting the fallen
I am assuming that i could use the same organization as the drak angels(DW, RW, and the armoury stuff), would that work?

·
269 Posts
Alt+F4 said:
I think altering the hunt the fallen rule is a great idea
I will forget about the Hunting the fallen
I am assuming that i could use the same organization as the drak angels(DW, RW, and the armoury stuff), would that work?
Yes you can. You can run a totally Codex DA army that isn't a DA or successor army. GW encourages it! MY suggestion was to alter the Hunt for Fallen Rule to be a Hunt for Tech rule. Same rule, different name with different fluff. That way you can field an all Terminator Techwing to go off to capture and secure lost tech for the Adeptus Mechanicus and the associated Forge World.

If you need any other background help. I'll do my best to help.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Techwing is an awsome name, but wouldn't it make more sense to give that to the RW. No wait i have an idea! Lets call them: The Mechwing(i think this sounds um....interesting)!

·
269 Posts
Alt+F4 said:
Techwing is an awsome name, but wouldn't it make more sense to give that to the RW. No wait i have an idea! Lets call them: The Mechwing(i think this sounds um....interesting)!
I've created a monster! I love it! Now run with it! Instead of Companies, they are wings.

"Metalwing and Pincerwings, on me! Ready marines, for the TECH! AAAAH!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts