Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey me and some friends collect 40k together and are thinking of starting up Dark eldar after finishing a khorne army. We used to all play alot but had a break from the game for a few years. Anyway we had loads of old dark eldar stuff unpainted and decided to make an army for dark eldar. Please let us know what you think of the list...

Archon
Agoniser, Splinter Pistol,

Combat Drugs, Shadow Field,

Incubi x 4
Incubi Master

Raider
Disintegrator

Troops
Warriors x 10
Dark Lances x 2

Warriors x 10
Dark Lances x 2

Warriors x 10
Dark Lances x 2

Raider Squad x 8
Splinter Cannons x 1

Sybarite
Agoniser, Splinter Pistol

Raider
Disintegrator

Raider Squad x 8
Splinter Cannons x 1

Sybarite

Raider
Disintegrator

Raider Squad x 8
Splinter Cannons x 1

Sybarite

Raider
Disintegrator

Elites
Mandrakes x 9

Wyches x 9
Succubus

Raider
Dark Lance
Wyches x 9
Succubus
Raider
Dark Lance

Heavy Support

Ravager
Dark Lances x 2, Disintegrator

Ravager
Talos

Total = 1999

·
Born from Tears of Angels
1,770 Posts
Archon
Agoniser, Splinter Pistol,

Combat Drugs, Shadow Field,

Incubi x 4
Incubi Master
Drop incubi master for sure
5 or 6 incubi in my opinion, 4 arent bad but i dont think that it will be enough to inflict a powerfull blow to the enemy after all the main punch of DE is supposed to come from wyches and HQ, in your case the HQ isnt all that powerful

Raider
Disintegrator

Troops
Warriors x 10
Dark Lances x 2

Warriors x 10
Dark Lances x 2

Warriors x 10
Dark Lances x 2

Raider Squad x 8
Splinter Cannons x 1

Sybarite

Raider
Disintegrator

Raider Squad x 8
Splinter Cannons x 1

Sybarite

Raider
Disintegrator

Raider Squad x 8
Splinter Cannons x 1

Sybarite

Raider
Disintegrator
Fine except be carefull with lances and disintegrator cause you need to equip em based on your most usual oponent. For instance, if you always play necrons take lots of lances, if nids then splinter cannons so you should make some sort of ratio of splinter cannons to lances to disies.
Elites
Mandrakes x 9
You only need mandrakes on special ocasions so I dont think you need em, might as well get another wych squad.

Wyches x 9
Succubus

Raider
Dark Lance
Wyches x 9
Succubus
Raider
Dark Lance
I would use disies on wych raiders so you can support them when they are in CC, lances miss quiet often. other then that all is fine

Heavy Support

Ravager

Ravager
Talos
Dont see the point of talos, by the look of it you'r trying to go all mobile, talos will be slow and wont get you anywhere unless you play on small battlefield or use WWP, suggest droping it, Ravagers, I strongly do not suggest you mix weapons, identify the opponent and take one kind of guns against him. When I mixed guns it gave me very negative results

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comments, heres my reasoning behind some of my choices.

Th Incubi master, for fluff reasons really. I love the model, he's cool as hell and his innitiative 6 will hopefully give the edge in combat.

The mandrakes, just for the psyc out factor, to keep my oppomnent guessing.

The Talos, again for the psyc out factor, also for a fire magnet and to push back his deployment in table quarter missions and others where deployment is crucial.

I didnt have enough points for any more Dissies on the Wyche raiders, and I assumed my Raider squads would need them more as they arn't so good in combat.

I normally build power armies, this time I was trying to veer away from that slightly as I included the talos, mandrakes and Incubi master.

·
Registered
403 Posts
It is OK to mix weapons on a Ravager. Just not the way you did it. With 2 DLs, if you move over 6" to turn hits into glancing you only get to fire 1 DL and the Disitintegrator on sustained fire. You'd be just as well off taking 3 DLs and putting that Troop killer on a Raider. If you want to be able to move the Ravager and shoot everything, go with a 1 DL/2 Disintegrator mix. I personally run mine all pure DLs since Wych Cults lack tank killing power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.