Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accidently posted this somewhere else on the site too. I just wrote up a Dark Eldar Army and I was hoping that someone could give me some suggestions for it. I was also thinking of taking a Webway Portal, is that a good idea?

Total Points-- 2320

HQ-- 795
Archon (The Archon and his retinue are in a Ravager)
Weapons: Agoniser and a Splinter Pistol
Wargear: Shadow Field, Soul Seeker Ammunition, Plasma Grenades, Combat Drugs, and a Hell Mask

Archon’s Retinue of 8 Incubi (and Drazhar)
Weapons: Tormenter Helms and Punishers
Wargear: Plasma Grenades

Drazhar, Master of Blades
Weapons: Disemboweller Blades and a Tormenter Helm

Dracon (The Dracon and his retinue are in a Ravager)
Weapons: Agoniser and a Splinter Pistol
Wargear: Soul Seeker Ammunition, Plasma Grendaes, Combat Drugs, and a Hell Mask
Poimts: 98

Dracon’s Retinue of 9 Incubi
Weapons: Tormenter Helms and Punishers
Wargear: Plasma Grenades

Elites-- 705

10 Wyches in a Raider X3
Weapons: 2 Blasters with Wych Weapons and 8 Splinter Pistols with Wych Weapons
Wargear: Plasma Grenades and Combat Drugs

Raider
Weapons: 1 Disintegrator
Upgrades: Night Shield

Troops-- 440

10 Warriors X4
Weapons: 6 Splinter Rifles, 2 Dark Lances, and 2 Blasters

Heavy Support-- 380

Talos

Ravager X2
Weapons: 3 Disintegrators
Upgrades: Night Shield

·
Registered
574 Posts
I like the list but i think it may be a bit too small. Even with 40 warriors.
You are relying too much on the Hq and elites getting the job done. While they could destroy nearly anything in combat against an imperial guard army about 20 lascannons would destroy your ravagers and about 200 lasguns would steadily destroy the rest of your army.
Get some more warriors.
Against space marines or tau you would face a similar problem the ravegers get blown away along with wyches on turn 1. Warriors on turn 2. Everything surrrounds hq on turn 3.

Could be good but needs a bit of work
hope i have helped in some way

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If they blew up a ravager that'd be okay since the ravagers aren't that expensive. Also if they're in assault range so am I. If a raider was taken down then they'd have a good assault squad to deal with. In addition to that they'd need sixs to hit the vehicles.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Out of 15 powerfist hits some would destroy it. If they were in assault range then they would destroy the ravager and as the wyches have a low armour save a lot would die in the explosion. You will have moved 24" so cannot disembark (although there maybe a special rule) anyway wyches can be gunned down by any squad standard shooting.
Remember the moving 24" is only possible if you get the 1st turn which will only be 50% of the time.
Sorry if im being annoying but you need to be prepared for every situation.
If you came across tau (i hate tau) then s10 railguns at the back of the army could give ravagers or raiders hell.
No plan survives contact with the enemy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you aren't being annoying, i'm thankful for the help. And I know that it won't be too hard to kill off a squad, but I also have two more squads of wyches which will be in assault range during my next turn. I'd also do my best to start everything out of range so that if i don't go first then my stuff won't die. And against tau...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Pleased i have been able to help.
Against tau anything that could deepstrike would help as you could kill some from shooting and then they would fire back giving your ravagers chance to move forward if they dont shoot you get into combat.
I still think the Hq is a bit expensive but its up to you.
I think i have helped as much as i can now because i dont know that much about
drk eldar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.