Cost: 165

Unit: Razorwing Jetfighter
Equiptment: Flicker Field, Splinter Cannon
Function: Anti Flyer, Secondary Anti Everything Else
Cost: 165

Allied Detachment

HQ

Unit: Farseer
Equiptment: Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, 20 point Power (Always take Prescience from Telepathy)
Function: Psychic Defence, Rerolls for Shooting
Cost: 100

Troops

Unit: Rangers
Equiptment: 5 Pathfinders
Function: Unit Upgrade Removal, Secondary Hunt Warlord, Tertiary Anti Infantry
Cost: 120

Unit: Rangers
Equiptment: 5 Pathfinders
Function: Unit Upgrade Removal, Secondary Hunt Warlord, Tertiary Anti Infantry
Cost: 120

Total 1500

How to Use This Army
Wracks camp on objectives in my deployment zone, Pathfinders squad (A) sits on an objective somewhere else on the board, Pathfinders squad (B) sits on an objective somewhere within or within 8" of my deployment zone. Haemonculus is in position to join Pathfinders (B) on turn 1. Farseer positions to give Pathfinders Prescience. Treuborn set up so they can get to work early without dying before they move (hidden or outside 36"). Scourges set up in cover (as you get armour saves vs Dangerous now this is not so bad 1/12 chance of dying/guy).

Always roll Strategic Warlord for the 1/6 guaranteed nightfight (other stuff is quite nice too).

Shoot! Focus on taking out flamers ASAP, particularly those on fast skimmers (Landspeeders and Venom born Wracks). When plane sarrive try to be within 12" of Farseer for Prescience, Prescient missiles are ace. So are Prescient Dark Lances (particulary against aenemy planes).

Fin
Any comments?

·
Registered
777 Posts
list looks a bit small for some reason although nothing looks that expensive apart from those pathfinders

anyway it will depend alot on those scourges for the 1st 1 or 2 turns
if your opponent can kil those venoms and trueborn in the 1st couple of turn ur a sitting duck, u will have noting to deal with infantary apart from those razor wings and when he hits you lines with anything slightly close combat oriantated he (or she :p ) will just roll up your lines

I played against a demon prince the other day and i just ignored it for most of the game and managed to destroy the poor guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they kill my Trueborn turn 1 I've screwed up so bad I deserve to lose. The scourges are important anti vehicle, if they have many fast vehicles TB can step up to help with that too. Many infantry I can play shoot n scoot w/ scourges and venoms.

The razorwings shouldn't be discounted either they should account for 10-15 infantry each over the course of a game on average, which ain't too shabby.

Will think a bit more about your points though and see if I can tweak anything to address them.

Remember its a 1500 point list, not 2000 which may explain it looking small.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts