Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious which army you think is better, Dark Eldar or Wych Cult. Personally I think that Dark Eldar are better because they have more options open to them, but the Wyches are amazingly good in combat. What do you think?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah, I think the same, a whych army might rock in close combat, but personally i think its a bit dull, you have so few troup optiones and your tactics are also limited since assault is the only thing that makes sense. But a wych armey could be fun now and then, personally I own no one and arne´t that interested in one. A pure which army is also quite costy, both points and money wise, so for the start I would defenitely stick with a normal kabal list.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You could also start a Kabal army and then gradually make a Wych army. Then if u feel like playing Kabal you can or if u feel like playing wych u can to. Well atleast thats what i am planning on doing. plus, a Kabal army is much more versatile and more flexable so you get practice with playing DE before you play a much more difficult army to play (Wych Cult). But always keep in mind, if u have a strong prefrence to play a wych cult then by all means do so.

·
Registered
39 Posts
well from what i have heard, Wych cults are really good but hard to play.
However i think you can make both armies just as good.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Originally posted by Kr4ft@Nov 19 2003, 14:14
well from what i have heard, Wych cults are really good but hard to play.
However i think you can make both armies just as good.
why would they be so hard to play?

·
Registered
39 Posts
well ive heard that for someone just starting DE (like me) that they are harder to use than a Kabal.
Im guessing that it is because you may need to know where to move your raiders and stuff to protect them so they dont get shot down before your wychs are in cc.

·
Registered
129 Posts
raiders are really weak. a couple of good glancing and they are outta of the game. then you'll lose at least half the wyches to armour saves. then when the wyches are on the ground, they can be torn up by any gun in the game. wyches in CC aren't really great

·
Registered
129 Posts
I play tyranids. on the first turn, i destroyed every one of the wyche cults raiders! with TYRANID SHOOTING! ONE BIO-VORE with poison mines ANNILATED 3 RAIDERS (1 of which was his HQ) 60% of his wyches died. each unit needed to take a leadership for below 50% and 2 units fell right off the edge of the board. the rest of the raiders were taken out by a few select venom cannons. his force was looking dismal compared to my enourmous swarm of tyranid monsters, 1 squad of wyches got into combat and were slaughtered by gaunts. pathetic. he gave up on his 3 turn. I lost 4 or 5 gaunts, (25 points)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It sounds like it was mainly because of your biovores that you won the game because he would probably have set up behind terrain. If he did this, then your tau wouldn't be able to kill him on the first turn. There was also a good chance that he didn't expect to be shot to death by Tyranids, so he placed all of his raiders close together.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
first of all, qwerter4 I have no idea what your talking about, but we've gotten really off topic, so once again which do you prefer, Kabal or Wych Cult?

·
Registered
3 Posts
:a Iagree whith u because i'm not realy a close combat person and the saves that they get is only a 6+ for starter. Secondly they do not get scouge whitch are great help because they can have 2 dark lance then an exra 2 splinter cannons.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dark lances on scourges are kinda waste of points. They have the same firepower as 2 sniper squads, but just one forth of the number of wounds. And the increased mobility won´t change much since you can´t fire in the turn you moved. Splintercanon squads can be usefull since they can shift round quite some firepower really fast.
But at least you shouldn´t ever mix dark lances and splintercanons in the same squad, this will dimnish their usfullness against both, infantry and armour.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.