Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw a dark eldar use this tactic and wanted to make sure it was legal and the particulars of it so i could use it my self. he used crashed transports to block LOS for his transports behind them and for the troops that poped out of the transport. he refered to the war 40k rule book that says that "ANY vehicle blocks Line of sight" does this really include damaged vehicles and shouldnt vehicles get the hull down rule if there slightly visiable behind the crashed vehicle. any info on this would be helpfull

·
Registered
180 Posts
It can have its uses to hide Raiders behind other ones, as imobilised vehicles the moved less then 6 inch won´t crash. But granted, a "landed" raider behind an other one isn´t very often a gamewinner.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Vehicle wrecks definitely block LOS. If they only make another vehicle count as hull down if a tiny part of it can be seen or if it can't be shot at all is up to the players. In my gaming group you have to see more than just half an inch of the front ram in order to be able to shoot it (and this makes perfect sense). If one of your friends tries to shoot such a tiny part, then your next dark lance shot can hit the banner on the back of a chaplain/force commander/whatever which is visible to one of your squads too, even though there is something in between which covers the real model. Then only that character can have been hit, because he is the only model to which you had LOS. That will teach your opponent not to shoot at vehicles if only a tiny non-vital part is visible.

jwu

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hrmmmm.... well i guess on how i was planning on using this tactic was i was going to be playing the original eldar for my first tournament and wanted to know if a squad of three vypers could hide behind a crashed wave serpent. and how theyd rule this at a tourney. i allways try to stick with tourney rules in as many games i play as possible anyways since you never argue with people about how the rules work. but yeah thanks for any info

·
Registered
15 Posts
i tried to use that tactic but i don't have enough raiders i prefer to use grotess...things to sheild sniper squads shoot down tanks and heavy weapons then charge ur raiders and ravenpers. thats the tactic i use loads of gross...things and hide anything behind cover and wait for them to come to you. it seems kind of stupid because dark eldar are a fast army but with two sniper squads with two dark lances picking off valueble units and they can't shoot your snipers because of grost..things feel no pain rule and i works on a small table. i use it because to many raiders and ravengers get shot down before they get close enough if a wych raider gets shot down then the wyches that survived are doomed to a hail of fire and apart from the wwp which is very expencive (you need scourges to deep strike in then you need to upgrade one of them to a syberite to carry the wwp and if he gets shot down then thats it then you need to stand still for a turn, wait another turn for the wyches and talos to come through and if you still need them to win then its probable to late ) so make the enamy come to you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.