Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just played Dark Eldar Vs. Necrons and I must say it was a LOT of fun. Pretty much I could do NOTHING against the necrons. I had 10 dark lances on the board, which killed Four Necron Warriors. The Necron Lord and his "retinue" of 10 Pariahs did the old "Pop in and shoot 20 times and then assault" trick on all of my squads. The TWO monoliths (both deep striked) obilterated the rest. The only things left alive were my archon and talos' I had NOTHING that could take out those monoliths. I hit them 7 times with dark lances, not even a GLANCE. Even the Talos are useless as their power claws can only damage up to 13 armor, thanks to the necrons invulnerability to all known weapons (no +1's allowed). Oh, and the old "Wyches can kill anything" b.s. don't work against 23 shots from a gauss blaster/flayer and then d6 shots (x2) from the monoliths= DEAD WYCHES.

F' the Dark Eldar. Oh, I guess I'm not one of those "mystical" players that are tactical geniuses who "know" how to "properly" use the Dark Eldar.

Dark Eldar --might-- be good against other armies, but against the necrons, forget it. <:>

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
well it appeared yur necron opponent cheated. you cant veil of darkness with pariahs. they arent "necrons": and it specifically staes under veil of dark ness that the unit most be a necron. it even states specifically what units can veil

those dark lances are jsut yur bad luck with rolls. i once killed a monolith with my very forst Bright alnce shot into it

well yu should not even gone for the monolith and jsut headed for anythignt hat was a necron...making them pkhase out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
heck, i have won over one of my best friends who has a Necron army, played with 750 points army, had a lord with a retouine (or what ever its called) where drazah (cant remember his name) and 8 warriors was in (2 of them had dark lances) then i had 2 troops with 2 dark lances each so a total of 6 dark lances, he had a lord a monolith, and 2 troops (counted it out( he had 750 points but i first slaughtered 75 % of the one troop from 12 units down to 4-5 pices with just 2 dark lances (dont see the point of saying dark elder is weak against necrons) then the monolith came down deep strike killed some of my me (my loard and drazha was the only ones to survive a surpitse attack from his loard and warriors) but then i chargede the lord and the warriors slaughtered them all so he had like 4-5 warriors a lord with 2 wounds and (i slaughtered the monolith) so he was doomed..

but then again when i play against a necron army and a deamonhunters at the same time 3vs3 then i get slaughtered almost instantly though ive every time managede to come out second (DARK elder are soo bad you just have to have them as your army)

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
well Irealized that dark eldar have a huge advantage VS necrons we can block the well be back rule :w all you have to do is take them as prisoners at the end of an assult :p

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
well logically they can only come back in their turn so in our turn if we take them as prisoners in assult they are taken back to commorah and become the hamoculi fovorite play thing :D and if they disappear they cant come back in the game :w

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Note that you have to make an enemy unit fall back in order to get a chance to take some of them as prisoners.

However...the Dark Eldar Q&A says this:
"Q. Can Dark Eldar capture Necrons for victory points?
A. No."

jwu

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
my mistake :unsure: could either of you give me a hand?

·
Registered
237 Posts
i dont think ur army was fast enough. the major disadvantage of the necrons are their lack of speed, even with monoliths and lords, they cant move far either. the trick would be to move behin\d them and corss fire them, then if they wbb they will be crossfired again, its not hard i did it with ig...

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
necrons dopnt get wbb rolls from crossfire
neither do they get it if they are killed by a tank shock

·
Registered
318 Posts
I play 'Crons and my roomate plays DE, and we regularly go about 50/50. DE are scary, as they can cause phase out FAST. just ignore the Monolith unless you ABSOLUTELY have to hit it, which isn't very often with the DE's speed. Concentrate your dark lances on the warriors, as this is where most of his phase out total should be. Also use lots of disintegrator templates, as WBB rolls get worse the more dice have to be rolled at once. try to hit the destroyers with your wyches and beast packs. Haemonculi are rather disgusting too. All in all you just need more experience against the 'Crons before you can go 'round saying you can't beat them with DE.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As someone else said, Necron's cannot teleport Pariahs. So if he was teleporting Immortals instead, they cannot move or assault the turn the deep strike so you should have been able to assault him. I don't know what point value this was at but if he had almost 500 points in two monoliths just ignore them and phase him out by killing the regular units in hand to hand. Remember all your units will end up attacking before him so its just like killing marines really. Further remember if he ports in his 10 immortals and you charge them on your turn, and kill say 5 and make the rest break if the fallen ones aren't within 6" of the living ones the fallen don't get a wbb roll. Just exploit their weaknesses and you'll be fine. :)

·
Registered
857 Posts
There are tons of good anti-Necron strats. Just hammer the troops, especially with those Wyches. They just got unlucky; Wyches vs. DE in CC are quite scary. Quite scary indeed- that's a lot of dead Necrons in a hurry.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.