Librarium Online Forums banner
907 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Auere 
#1 · (Edited)
Dark Elf 1000pts Army list

Comments / improvements welcome

Master - cold one, heavy armour, sheild, sea dragon, pendant of khaeleth,lance - 149pts
(general, joins cold one knights)

10x crossbowmen - 100pts

20x warriors - 120pts

20x warriors - 120pts

hydra - 175pts

5x cold one knights - dread knight, ring of hotek - 176pts

5x shades - 80pts

5x shades - 80pts

No magic because IMO Dark elf sorceresses are very overpointed(at 1000pts or less) and ring of hotek is VERY good at stopping high level spells

no commands (excluding cold one knight) because this army needs the shades shooting/distraction at beginning so army can cross the table unharmed (it's funny when a war machine player watches you deploying them) and everything else is needed for army bulk (psycological effect).

New to LO so be nice please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey there! Welcome to LO.

I like your master general. He is pretty tough - maybe even too tough for 1000 points... another option could be seal of grond and enchanted shield for magic items. You really need another dispell dice, and a 0+ save could easely be more than you need to keep him safe.

10 crossbowmen are always useful

2x20 spearmen with no shields or command wont do you any good - they will just get run over! Take one unit of 20 with full command and a warbanner and 5 harpies instead.

The hydra is a must. It is just damn good.

The Cold One knights look fine. You could add a standard bearer with the banner of cold blood. Or you could go the other way and remove the command entirely. The master makes the unit pretty powerful anyway. I doubt that the ring of hotek will be that powerful at a thousand points anyway. It is at its best when there is alot of magic, as in 2000 points games.

The shades are proberbly better with two hand weapons or great weapons. 85 or 90 points are not that much more. You really only need one unit if you get a unit of harpies.

#3 ·
normally would agree with you Auere on the warriors but in the last 10 games i've played, they've only run once due to their rank bonus and high LD.

thank you for advice on all other things. will DEFINITELY be taken into consideration.

do harpies earn their points???

#4 ·
earning their points back is a bit narrow way to approach utility units like harpies. In terms of what they can an can't kill, probably not. In term of the fact that a 55 point unit can march block your enemy the entire game, and then occasionally make a last turn table quarter grab either denying your opponent 100 points, or earning you 100 points, yes they can earn their points, but that is not their purpose. They are a force multiplier.

#5 ·
Regarding the spearmen. High leadership and ranks are good. But a standard and a warbanner is even better - trust me!

Harpies are really my top performers. I always have 5 of them at 1000 points and 2x5 at 2000 points. You can use them to shield your precious cold one knights from shooting, to take out warmachines, to march block enemies or to grab a late table quarter for 100 extra victory points. How much more can you ask for at 55 points?

#7 ·
Yeah, but you really only want a few characters in the same unit. three characters in a Black Guard is just overkill - the enemy will proberbly just avoid it and shoot it to death.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.