Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, thank you for taking the time to read this post, I have played fantasy for a few months now and I have my first storm of Magic game coming up in a few weeks and I need feedback on my list idea.
So I'm playing against wood elves and these are the models I have:
1 dark elf sorceress
28 dark elf spearmen
32 repeater crossbowmen
20 Black Ark corsairs
1 War Hydra
10 Black Guard of Naggarond
10 Cold One Knights
My opponent is willing to let me proxy a bit, so the list I was planning on running looks like this

Lords: 295
Supreme Sorceress, Level 4, Pendant of Khaleth, Lore of Shadows, 295

Heroes 370
Sorceress, level 2, Lore of Dark Magic (Dark Elf Codex Lore) 135
Sorceress, level 2, Lore of Metal, 135
Sorceress, level 1, Lore of Fire or Death, xxx

Core 760
28 Dark Elf Warriors, shields, musician, standard bearer, 205
16 repeater crossbowmen, xxx
16 repeater crossbowmen, xxx
20 Black Ark corsairs, Standard bearer, Sea Serpent Standard, 235

Rare 175
War Hydra, xxx

Special 400
10 Black Guard, xxx
10 Cold One Knights xxx

Storm of Magic Beasts 495
Ancient Stegadon, xxx
10 Harpies, poisoned attacks, killing blow, magic/flaming attacks 140
10 harpies, poisoned attacks, killing blow, magic/flaming attacks 140

The Dark elves=2000/2000 and the Storm of Magic monsters=495/500

So what do you think? Please post feedback if you have any, and thanks for your time.
P.S. Sorry if my formatting is bad, this is my first post

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hey man, welcome.

Sorry it's taken a while to reply. The DE forums seems to have died down as of late.

It's been ages since I last played a game of SoM with Dark Elves....had a vaguely similar list at 2500pts, had Malekith and three Lvl 2s instead but the units are largely the same.

The only real suggestion would be to bump your Black Guard up to 20, a unit of 10 just seems to disappear very quickly in my experience. My other suggestions re just to try out some of the items from SoM.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, I would like to bump the unit of black guard up to a unit of 20, but I simply don't have any more models for that unit. Also what magic items would you recommend?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I'd recommend the Dawnblade, Windcatcher Prism and the Weighted Dice. Can't remember the others off the top of my head but those are the ones I liked. Weighted Dice are particularly nice if you can inflict characteristic tests and make 1s become 6s.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'd recommend the Dawnblade, Windcatcher Prism and the Weighted Dice. Can't remember the others off the top of my head but those are the ones I liked. Weighted Dice are particularly nice if you can inflict characteristic tests and make 1s become 6s.
What would you recommend swapping out to take any of these magic items? The stegodon, or some of the harpies? AlsoI was thinking of taking the scrolls of leeching from the BRB, what do you think about that?
I was also contemplating swapping out the harpies for the Storm of Magic Lore of Beasts/Life wizard (don't have the name, can't find my book right now), thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts