Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have decided to start a painting log in order to try and get my Dark Elve models painted. So far, many of them have just been sitting in their boxes or standing on the shelf in full glory plastic colour.

I plan on trying to update every weekend, to at least show that I did some painting during the week. Well, first up, busy painting 10 Corsairs. There are still 9 others left (I have already fully painted one), but I like to switch between different models to keep the boredom at bay.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
That's quite an interesting colour scheme you're using. And I like the cloaks, too, they look excellent! I might just have to hang around and see what else you get done :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What exactly do you plan to put on the banner? A nice big rune, some nice freehand or some other creation? Good work, keep it up.
Like my other banners in the army, I plan to put some big runes on the banner - I just don't have the time and patiance to do freehand. :shame:

Ok, didn't get much painting done this past week, or weekend (played a few games with them :) ), but I did finish painting the highlights on the dark armor and leather, as well as painting their arms and attaching it to them. Also started painting the sides of the bases with brown.

I also got some 'homework' after playing a few games this weekend - I have to start buying and painting terrain for the battlefield. So, it's not Dark Elve per se, but I also managed to slap this together. I'll see if I can get it painted this week as well.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
That watch tower does look brilliant. Looking forward to seeing it get a coat of paint, although it looks as though it will be quite a job!

And it seems your elves won't be any help, lying down on the job as they are :p

·
Registered
519 Posts
Cool looking color scheme you have there :)

Just some comments on the banner though. Your highlights are so sharp! i think you should smooth them out with some more layering.
Maybe making the banner less square, and a bit more raggedy would do well too.

Good luck with the tower ;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
K, finally finished painting my batch of corsairs. All must still be done is to give them a layer of protection and then base them with grass.

This is the next bunch I will start working on - repeater crossbow elves and a hero/lord on a cold one.

I have decided to move the tower to its own Terrain painting log, as will be painting more of them.

Cheers

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Great work! I like the musician's horn, a very nice blue and a nice flash of colour to an already excellent looking group of minis.

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Well, they look pretty good in that thread, too! I'm still digging that colour scheme, the little flashes of blue seem to work well.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, they look pretty good in that thread, too! I'm still digging that colour scheme, the little flashes of blue seem to work well.
Glad to hear Deadstar! :victory:

Right, time for quick update: almost finished with my extra Repeater Crossbow elves and the lord/hero on a Cold One. Hopefully at end of weekend I will be 100% finished with them!

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
The movement trays look really good, they fit with your bases perfectly, it seems!

And the army looks great thus far - keep at it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts