Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The demo for this expansion available for download.
I found it at dawnofwar.filefront.com.

You get two missions with the dark eldar and a tutorial. It is worth checking out, especially if you liked the previous games.

·
I AM the Evil Twin!
4,989 Posts
A notice to everyone. Unless you have a good graphics card I would recommend running the demo with the settings low. There is a slight bug that seems to freeze the game.

On another note. Having played the game I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed the demo. The secondmission was nails but it was a little easier once I got the Dark Eldar super unit developed. Its Asdrubael Vect on his Dias of Destruction (complete with slave girls) and it is nasty. It has an attack called Dark Scythe that pretty much annihilates anything it touches be it spacemarine scouts up to terminators.

JvK :happy:

·
2,076 Posts
Hey what is the file size?
I can't seem to see it on the site.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does the game have the same campaign style as dark crusade, you know with the map and you have to move your army from one zone to another. i didn't like that, prefer the normal way of doing things, one mission after another.

·
Always Fabulous
1,742 Posts
Does the game have the same campaign style as dark crusade, you know with the map and you have to move your army from one zone to another. i didn't like that, prefer the normal way of doing things, one mission after another.
Yes, except this one promises to be much bigger, spanning an entire star system with 4 separate planets, each with their own territories. To be honest, I think I'll set aside a week for the personal challenge of conquering every territory, although I like the sort of linear, story-driven campaign as well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Awesome! I really liked the previous games and this looks to be as fun. Man are those dark eldar warriors frail. They might be weaker than the eldar in the previous games. Yet, their Raiders and Dias of Destruction pretty awesome!

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
If its the same demo that I linked to in the gamers hangout then 1.2 gig.

Filefront may have the cutdown one that does not have a lot of unused game files (including one called "deceiver", read into that what you will. Hint, its a unit.)

Yes, same campaign style as Dark Crusade.

Although is it just me or is the Dark Lance on the pointy end of the raider sadly lacking in power?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If its the same demo that I linked to in the gamers hangout then 1.2 gig.

Filefront may have the cutdown one that does not have a lot of unused game files (including one called "deceiver", read into that what you will. Hint, its a unit.)

Yes, same campaign style as Dark Crusade.

Although is it just me or is the Dark Lance on the pointy end of the raider sadly lacking in power?
Yeah the dark lance was kinda lame. Where are the warrior squad upgrades? A splinter cannon on the sybrite? Whats that about?

·
Bork! Bork! Bork!
416 Posts
DE Warriors, well atleast in the demo just tear through Space Marines without breaking a sweat. But most of their units cant stand up to a damp towel.

·
No Rest For the Righteous
1,140 Posts
Awesome! I really liked the previous games and this looks to be as fun. Man are those dark eldar warriors frail. They might be weaker than the eldar in the previous games. Yet, their Raiders and Dias of Destruction pretty awesome!

Personally I found the Dark Eldar Warriors to be exeptionally durable compared to Eldar. I can easy take 3 marine squads out with 1 Warrior Squad with Sybarite and a squad of mandrakes. I find their weaknesses to be poor regen and morale, so when it comes down to huge messy battles, they crack under pressure if you dont manage them perfectly.

The Dark Eldar are very well done in this game, my only dissapointment being Reavers(they kind of suck). Overall the army lends itself well to someone who knows what abilities and units to build to kill an objective quickly, and falters in drawn out wars of attrition. Just how they should be. ;Y

I hope the sisters get as good a treatment.

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
I am really looking forward to this game am. I got strategy for every army on Dark Crusade can't wait to see how this turn out. Any idea's on release date in US?

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
I think its just over a gig. yeah its 1.16 gig so its quite a package for 2 missions.
I was disappointed I didn't get to play sisters of battle, Or at least set up skirmishes vs harder bots cos that space marine was a push over.

I just used scourges to take 90% of the map, they are fast, own tanks, and own inf, and they can jump too.

as for as I saw there is a lot of balance issues to be worked out, unless because it was on easy the comp's stats changed, I noticed they did that on dawn of war : dark crusade.

I'm pretty excited by it though!

·
Scenery Shogun
917 Posts
the Dark Eldars are definitely worth playin in this game.
It's breathed new life into this game for me.

I highly suggest at least trying the demo.

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
Pretty good demo... Man that dark scythe ability is HARSH :0.

·
No Rest For the Righteous
1,140 Posts
Pretty good demo... Man that dark scythe ability is HARSH :0.
\
My jaw dropped when I first tried it... it happened to be when I was facing two Terminator squads and a base full of turrets. It swept through and left all the turrets and Terminators dead in it's wake.

I'm sure the demo is tooled to be in the Dark Eldar's favor much in the same way the old starter set used to be in the Marines' favor. It's payback time. ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.