Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. i have to decide what im going to buy next. i have a 4000 point chaos army but i mainly focus on nurgle. i have a great uncleen one but i cant really use him because i mainly have mortals and beastmen. the only deamonic units that i have are 2 bases of nurglings. i also have a lord of khorne that i bought used in a group pakage and like i said, i focous on nurgle. so if any one has any suggestions, if they could let me know i would be gratefull...:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ummm, Dog your in the wrong forum. This is the 40k chaos forum. :yes: Not the Fantasy one.

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
But for the record i'd go with the Daemon prince, Archaeon's a tool.

·
Tabletop Terraformer
1,405 Posts
Wrestler220 said:
Ummm, Dog your in the wrong forum. This is the 40k chaos forum. :yes: Not the Fantasy one.
:blink: It looks like the Fantasy forum to me, so unless I've gone nuts, I think you made an error there mate.

But yes, a Daemon prince is a good choice, Archaon is a character you can't alter and plus he's a lot more expensive than you think because if you want him you also have to buy a minimum unit of Chosen Chaos Knights as well! :cry:

So go with the Daemon prince if you want a big monstrous general. Although if you're playing over 3000 points or more, you can have both a Daemon prince and the Great Unclean one! "Yaaagh! Run away!"

·
706 Posts
yeah, definitely get the demon prince, because that way, you can craft him to the situation. Archaon is always the same, no matter what you use him in. also, the demon prince can take an ability for 5 points that allows him to count as your general and still allows you to have mortals as your core units! plus the demon prince models are cool! (especially Belakor!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont think to often, i might hurt myself. but it is in the right place? Then i did from the begining i think. Because im pretty sure that those are the links i clicked on to get to here. O well, its too late now. but back to the question.

·
Tabletop Terraformer
1,405 Posts
King Ulrik Flamebeard said:
Perhaps a mod moved it here? Not thought of that one folks? ;)
KU
Actually I had thought of that, it was the first thing I checked. But when I looked, there wasn't a little 'moved' icon next to this thread in the list of threads. So clearly Wrestler220 just wasn't paying attention! Let's leave it at that shall we?!

Sometimes we do not leave the icon, it is often and cleaner to just move the thread straight over without the whole "This thread was moved..." Thing.

KU

·
706 Posts
Tzeentch Lord said:
Actually I had thought of that, it was the first thing I checked. But when I looked, there wasn't a little 'moved' icon next to this thread in the list of threads. So clearly Wrestler220 just wasn't paying attention! Let's leave it at that shall we?!

nicely put! w00t! As for the demon princes, what models do they still have, not those old ugly ones with the stupid looking faces right?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Awww, no love for the big guy with the red cape and the angry horsie? You said you had a 4000 point army and while it would be silly to bring Archaon in a regular 2k point game, he would fit quite nicely into 4000 points. Not only does his heavy point cost not gimp your numbers at that points level but you can then afford to keep him with a nice, meaty unit of his Swords of Chaos chums. Take Archaon and 10 chosen knights and that unit right there is about the closest thing your going to get to a giant lawn mower rolling accross the battlefield.

Granted, you're not likely to play 4k point game outside of a special occaision.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Im rather certain that you can use a great unclean one with a mortal army.... u can take Master Of Mortals right? the army book doesnt say a greater demon cannot take master of mortals. unless of course you need those FIVE POINTS for something else.

·
Tabletop Terraformer
1,405 Posts
Only Daemon Princes and Exalted Daemons can take Daemonic Gifts. Greater Daemons are presented and used 'as is', they already have certain Daemonic Gifts built into their points cost and cannot be given any other Gifts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts