Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
yes u can. u can take grey nights in any army that is imperial.

if u ahve sm then u can take a squad of grey knight terminators

·
Registered
199 Posts
remember, u collect space marines, not grey knights.

People who use daemonhunters each game (as allies) are again, playing th rules, not the game (grey knights are rare)

same goes with assassins. However, in circumstances such as a campaign, then regular use of an assassin/grey knights can be justified

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
*Kicks to appropriate forum

Salamander don't post rules here, now I have to edit your post.

Amalthea, I suggest you buy the codex rather than asking for the rules (which is basically what you're doing).

·
1,019 Posts
Well since i have a similar question anyway i might as well post it here instead of making a whole new topic.
Not so long ago i started collecting a IG army for the EXPLICIT purpose to add some Daemonhunters to it.
Now im going for a Radical Inquisitor (Daemonhosts and all). I also like the Death-Cult assassins.

Now my question is:

Are Death Cult assassins all that good? (so that i should spend points on 'em in my army.)
What units are good for Radical Inquisitors supporting IG (should i load up on Daemonhosts, specific wargear, etc.)
And does anyone know if (and if then when) another Daemonhunter codex will come out with other factions (eg. Xenos, Hereticus...)

Questions about IG army buildup are happily answered.

And dont post any stats, special rules and any other stuff like that. I have the codex so just kindly refer to page and paragraph. ;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
if your using an army explicitly for daemonhunters use then that is probably reasonable.

death cult assassins are pretty awesome for a mere 40 pts. However, the are totally independant which could be a major problem as she wont stand up to much. Basically I would only take it as something to help a counter attack in close combat or sheild her with lots of guys

·
Registered
130 Posts
too bad you cant just have it for 40 pts, you have to have an inquisitor to take assassins.

every daemon hunters force needs to have a Grey Knight Hero or an Inquisitor leading it.

which brings me to my next question

the dark angels codex says that the DA's will never fight along side other non-humans, does this mean that i am unable to take an inquisitor with daemonhost? (probably) eh

·
Registered
199 Posts
hmmm, thats an interesting question.....

rules wise u probably can with no problems

however, fluff wise its fairly dodgy- i would do this

if u were taking an inquisitor lord, then he would probably overrule the DA disdain of abhumans (when ur acting that secretively, u probably dont want to ***** off a guy who could be investigating you) and take as many daemonhosts as he likes

however, a humble regular inquisitor would be unlikely to phase the DA, in that case

·
Registered
178 Posts
I havent found death culters very good... maybe im not using them very well but hey.. now for the radical inquisitor backing up the guard... daemon hosts are insane!! they are awsome! btw they can deep strike but dont bother... they have to methods of fast movement and chances are they will charge in the second turn. if they deepstrike it wouldnt be till the third turn at the earliest.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hey PrOtOcoN, if you want some DH in your army, why not just make a pure DH army? ;)
Ha, oh that was funny. But I seem to have trouble with daemonhosts. I have to keep them seperate so they don't kill my own forces and then they get smoked by themselves.

·
Registered
178 Posts
actually come to think of it the last time i played with my daemon hosts one had the fear aura thing go off and pinned almost my teamates whole army... shoulda seen the look on his face. kinda like this. :blink: -> :angry: -> :( -> <_< .... hahah funnny.

·
Registered
130 Posts
daemonhosts stats look nice, but they arnt that good, with no power weapons, and only a 4+ save, they cant really stand up to that much. to have it survive for a while you need a bit of luck, getting the right psychic table rolls at the right time, and rolling high for d6 attacks. also, you cant have any daemonhosts in a GK force, so they seem to slot nicely with the 20point inquisitor and 85point daemonhost combo as allies for other imperial armies

i have an inquis/host for my dark angels, havent tried them yet, but in a few small test 1v1's, my Interrogator-Chaplain seems to outmatch the host in combat.

one thing ive seen with them tho, they are a good unit to hold up large blocks of infantry, things like Fire Warriors, Guardsmen, Guardians, DE Warriors, that sort of thing... large chunks of weak infantry :p

eg: dont charge your daemonhost into a Chaos Lord with 4 Chosen flanking him etc :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Im in the process of making a pure daemonhunters army and i like the daemonhosts and all, but they get overruled by the concept of having grey knights instead. Plus, they can win the game for you, but can also ruin it as well. Its all up to you though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a fairly big SM army and I really like the DH models and stats... So I'm gonna combine them.... Oh.. And Daemonhost stink... YOU CAN"T HAVE ANY GREY NIGHTS!!! Oh.. and if you have a SM army and whanna combine it with DH do you need a Grand master HQ to put in Grey nights?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.