Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most likely there's many a Chaos player out there that is always pondering on what gifts to give to hisher chaos lord/deamon prince.
And you might guessed it, I'm one of them people...

A dilemma struck me, which is best for getting your character into base contact with the enemy, deamonic speed or deamonic flight?
Once again it struck me, there aren't any restrictions on them. I mean for eg. terminator armour sais that the model may not have wings or ride a bike and so on. There isn't any restrictions that doesn't allow me to field a deamon prince with deamonic flight AND deamonic speed, or are there?

If this is a fact then you have possebility to field a character with movement range of 12" and charge range of 12"... that's a total of 24"!!
Is that possible?

Ok anyones oppinion on this and maybe other chaos gifts will be appreciated...

Kasutta!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
well you can't combine Speed and Flight, so you have to decide. Flight is probably the best choice, 12" move is better than 12" assault. As for other Daemonic Gifts, I usually give Aura to important characters that don't have Terminator armour, and Essence is useful too, especially if your Lord has Daemonic Staturre and/or a Daemon Weapon. For lesser champions I sometimes use Daemonic Visage to help them break the enemy in close combat. Strength is also good for any character with a power weapon.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn! I can't usem both... :evil:

Ah well, so I'm not gonna be beardy on that point then...
Looks like it's back to the standard killing then... :roll:

Eztrovia!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
hehe, it would be fun indeed... Untill you find yourself being charged by a World Eaters Lord and a Lieutenant who happen to have Flight as well as Speed AND a crapload of power weapon attacks 8) .

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't usually play against other chaos players.
In fact, it's only me and some other guy at my gaming club that plays Chaos in some sort.
My usual foe is:
Space orcs.
Sisters of battle
Space marines
Necrons.
Tyranids
Eldar
Dark eldar(hate 'em)

And I think Tau is just around the corner.

At least it's good experience with different armies.
I got one problem though, a necron player refuses to play against me.
He's got the usuall crying about:
"Chaos is a newbe army, using oblitherators is cheating, earthshakers should be banned etc. etc."

But I got lots of opponents, if I'm not completely wrong I think there's a tournement just in a few weeks.

I'll tell you how it goes when it's over...

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I'd like to play against them too. See if they're as tough as so many people keep saying. I think I'd kick their sorry metal asses :twisted: .

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry I got you the wrong numbers...

I've won 5 out of 5 times... :twisted:

It's not easy... trust me!
They're evil :evil:

Ok, take this as an experience from another chaos player...

It took me 7 lascannon, 5 of these hit, two made glansing hits one got a 6...........on a Monolith....
It's hard! :!:

And their pescy resurection thing is getting on my nerves :x

Ah well it's good playing...

Skål!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
But I wasn't planning to shoot at a monolith... or a C'tan, or Pariahs... unless they get too close... I'd pound the Warriors :twisted: !!!!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Was meant to that too, but they were kinda out of my line of sight, and I felt the Monolith was a bigger menace...

But heck we have gone WAY of topic here, seems it's only you and me replying to this topic, ah well gotta see if there is something else I can reply to...

Salut!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Yeah it looks like we're making a habit of going off-topic :roll: . But hey where the heck were the warriors if you didn't have LoS to them??

·
Registered
664 Posts
los = line of sight, just wondering where the warriors were at if they were out of los

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ahhhhh I understand :lol:

Yeah, the warriors where hiding in and around buildings...on the other side of the battlefield
And the monolith kinda got in the way for my oblitherators :twisted:
It was fun though, I had already won... we played some treasure hunt mission and i found the treasure in round 2...

Eztrovia!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.