Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greatings fellow residents of the warp,

I was making another chaos list, I wanted to use deamonic flight AND deamonic speed. this is a cool combination, but is it allowed?
I can't find anywhere it isn't allowed, but I doubts it is allowed. it would mean 12' + D6 movement and 12' assault.

I doubt it's allowed, but can't find it isn't.

Can I use this combination?

hope to hear from you soon.


May the Blood God and the Changer of Ways watch over you,

Reno
 

·
Now with STFU flames!
Joined
·
5,917 Posts
Shas'O RenoSaurus said:
I doubt it's allowed, but can't find it isn't.

Can I use this combination?
Page 16 of the Chaos Codex, in the box at the top of the page, right hand column, under the heading of "Movement Modes."

Short answer - no, you may not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
omg I feel so stupid. how could I not have seen that.
*walks away in shame*

well, thanks

Edit:
I still find the chaos codex a bit .......... well, I can't find what I need. Is there a way to summon a Bloodthirster in a Raptor squad? cause it would be cool to get my chaos lord AND a greater deamon charge at the same time, both being pretty scary. and on top of that 9 other raptors smashing ur army.

and what about Obliterators, do I have to choose a weapon, or can I use whatever I want to at that time?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,328 Posts
Shas'O RenoSaurus said:
I still find the chaos codex a bit .......... well, I can't find what I need. Is there a way to summon a Bloodthirster in a Raptor squad? cause it would be cool to get my chaos lord AND a greater deamon charge at the same time, both being pretty scary. and on top of that 9 other raptors smashing ur army.

and what about Obliterators, do I have to choose a weapon, or can I use whatever I want to at that time?
Yes. Just nominate the raptor champion as the daemon vessel. Make sure the squad has the appropriate mark of chaos, and your all set.

As to your second question, each shooting phase you nominate which weapon your oblits are morphing. Also, even when morphing weapons in the shooting phase you can still morph powerfists in the assault phase.
 

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
Joined
·
1,148 Posts
You can only give Raptors MoCU. They can't have other marks...I would assume this restricts them from being the daemonvessel...but i'm not sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,328 Posts
Sabe said:
You can only give Raptors MoCU. They can't have other marks...I would assume this restricts them from being the daemonvessel...but i'm not sure.
No it doesn't. When I said the appropriate mark, I mean the MoCU. This mark enables you to summon any greater daemon. As the daemon vessel must either have the respective mark of the god, or the MocU of course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah but is it worth it on 1500 pts? I mean, I only have 2 units where my deamon COULD spawn. 1 is my 170pts tooled HQ, the other my raptor squad. guess which one it'll be. so they know what I want to do, which means they will try to kill my raptors. now this is no bad thing, since my deamon will then come anyways, but after 2 turns it's gone again.
 

·
Pure Venom.
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
You only have two CSM units? That's scary. Your bloodthirster can use ANY CSM unit with the mark of chaos undivided or the mark of khorne as a host, but only having two CSM units in a 1500 point army will severely weaken your army's flexibility. Do you have an army list posted up?

But all that aside, the bloodthirster is a feared and powerful unit. He is a valued addition to your army.

LoC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll post my armylist, but it's FAR from finished. Look for it in the armylist section.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top